Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Book: Dublin Marathon 40 Years of Running Call out for Stories

Options
  • 21-03-2019 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

Thought people here might be interested in this. If you have great stories / memorabilia etc from the last 40 years of the marathon, let us know!

Call-out for Stories:

The O’Brien Press and KBC Dublin Marathon announced a call-out to Irish people everywhere for their stories, memories and memorabilia from Dublin marathons down through the years. It is hoped to include some of these submissions in the final book. People wishing to submit their stories should visit www.obrien.ie or email dublinmarathonbook@obrien.ie before 5pm on 30th April 2019.

https://www.obrien.ie/dublin-marathon

PS, if you'd like to submit stories / pics etc for the book, go to the link and formally submit rather than just posting here - but of course feel free to share them here too without fear of them being published in book form :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

I sharted in 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Eeep! I was hoping for something more uplifting :)

If anyone DOES have any great memorabilia (80s finisher t-shirts, great medal collections, supporters signs) or great stories - either your own or memories of watching it back in the (glorious) days it went through the Northside :) check out the link.

Finally, it's out! The book I was talking about back at the beginning of the year.

Some of you might like it (ps I don't mean to advertise, just thought people might like it, and a couple of boardsies have stories in it)

http://www.obrien.ie/the-dublin-marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭Peckham

Enjoying the book so far. Nice one to flick through. Some great stories in it too. 😉

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Great book with some smashing pics, I was at the launch and some great stories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

It's a really well put together book with great stories and pictures. Great work Helen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Brilliant book, the opening chapters about how everything fell into place to make it happen are brilliant, you couldn't script it really.
    Will be hard to leave it down.

I'm so glad people are enjoying it! It was something I was so interested in myself that I loved getting to work on it. I think there are some great stories / photos etc - it's a credit to the author (a many-time marathoner himself, as well as a sports journalist).

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Alicano

Well done Helen! Looking forward to buying it as a gift to myself after the 27th Oct! :D

Alicano wrote: »
    Well done Helen! Looking forward to buying it as a gift to myself after the 27th Oct! :D

You'll deserve it!! (It will be on sale at the Expo btw, if you want to get it there & have it to read after!)

• Advertisement

There's a really nice review of this book on Fast Running - it's so fab to read a review where the reviewer has obviously read and liked the whole book! Thanks, Gladys Ganiel:

https://twitter.com/FastRunning/status/1207235303062159360

Advertisement