Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to organise Christmas fair/book seller. Help needed

Options
  • 16-10-2019 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi, apologies if this is the wrong forum but I'd really appreciate any help :).

I'm trying to organise a little Christmas Market type thingy for the hospital I work in but not sure where to start. I was hoping to find the people that come in and sell books as the main event but I can't find a contact anywhere.

Does anyone know of anyone who does this?

I was also hoping to get crafty type stalls, that type of thing. It's 600 plus staff so well worth anyones time. Date 3rd Dec provisionally. Dublin 9.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod

Moved to the Christmas forum, please read the local charter

• Registered Users Posts: 20 petalini

Excellent, thanks so much. I didn't know this group was here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

petalini wrote: »
    Hi, apologies if this is the wrong forum but I'd really appreciate any help :).

I'm trying to organise a little Christmas Market type thingy for the hospital I work in but not sure where to start. I was hoping to find the people that come in and sell books as the main event but I can't find a contact anywhere.

Does anyone know of anyone who does this?

I was also hoping to get crafty type stalls, that type of thing. It's 600 plus staff so well worth anyones time. Date 3rd Dec provisionally. Dublin 9.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks :)

Sorry not really much help however best of luck and hopefully you get something organised. This type of thing is what encapsulates the Christmas spirit to me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Might be worth contacting an independent bookshop? The one I thought of was Gutter Bookshop, they have a branch in Temple Bar and one in Dalkey but I know they sell books at different book festivals so they are 'mobile' and willing to sell outside of the shop if you know what I mean. Bob the owner is very nice and might be able to point you in the right direction if he can't do something himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 petalini

That's great thanks so much for getting back to me. I'll check it out tomorrow 👍

• Advertisement
Advertisement