Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Custom fitting for fairways and hybrids?

• 08-10-2019 3:40pm

Is there anywhere in Ireland that has a good selection of fairway woods and hybrids for fitting.

It can be an area of the bag that is difficult to get right.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

I was fit for a hybrid in McGuirks Leopardstown. The bigger shop, not the one at the driving range.

BraveDonut wrote: »
    I was fit for a hybrid in McGuirks Leopardstown. The bigger shop, not the one at the driving range.

Did they have a good selection of hybrids to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,974 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Is there anywhere in Ireland that has a good selection of fairway woods and hybrids for fitting.

It can be an area of the bag that is difficult to get right.
    Also Halpenny in Carrickmines. Friend of mine went in for a fitting session, told them he wouldn't be buying clubs, but was willing to pay for it. Did Driver, fairway and irons with him for €25. And told him he could get that back off any clubs he bought later.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Also Halpenny in Carrickmines. Friend of mine went in for a fitting session, told them he wouldn't be buying clubs, but was willing to pay for it. Did Driver, fairway and irons with him for €25. And told him he could get that back off any clubs he bought later.

That's good value for 25 euro.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Whatever or wherever you end up, please make it a place with an outdoor hitting area, hitting into a net is a big waste of time IMHO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

They had a great selection of woods and Hybrids in McGuirks.
    Cost of fitting was included in the price of the club.
    I hit lots of balls into a screen with trackman.
    I was very happy with the whole experience

Advertisement