Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angus cattle

Options
  • 15-10-2019 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Evening all

Anybody know of a mart that would have a good supply of Angus cattle being sold,stock coming from suckler herd not Dairy..I'm in the West..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

blonde10 wrote: »
    Evening all

Anybody know of a mart that would have a good supply of Angus cattle being sold,stock coming from suckler herd not Dairy..I'm in the West..

Thanks

I think Carrick-on-Shannon has an Angus sale.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 46 keysersoze1

Castlerea would be as good a place as any

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭hopeso

I'd say any west of Ireland mart would have a certain number of the type of cattle you want any week. Plenty of suckler farmers running AA bulls. Of course it may take a few mart visits if you want a large number of quality stock.

I think Carrick only holds pedigree sales.......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Castlerea always had lots of AAx type stock any time I was there but they would be a mixture of sucker and dairy bred types. Ballymote used to have special AAx sales for weanlings and stores but I don't know what numbers of stock would be on offer as it isn't really a thriving mart apart from certain times​ of the year.

Advertisement