Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teacher/student affairs

Options

Comments

I know a teacher that rode 2 lads on the school tour .
    I also heard a another lad (no connection to the first two) saying he rode her too.
    This was in the late 70s early 80s.
    Shes still teaching too,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Three that I know of from when I was in school.

One was a student teacher from Germany, couldn't have been more than 22 and the student was 19, they were not subtle about it, I'm not sure the teacher actually understood it would be frowned upon.

Two others that were gross, students were 15 and 16 and very vulnerable, teachers were in their mid and late 20s.

All would have been fairly widely known by the student body, not sure about faculty.

Shall I fill in the genders there so people can decide if they're outraged or not? :pac:

The double standard in the way female teacher male student relationships are portrayed and spoken about is stark, and awful. I really wish men would stop perpetuating it. Tis not women responding with "niccccee"

• Site Banned Posts: 68 ✭✭Fornevermore

Shall I fill in the genders there so people can decide if they're outraged or not? :pac:

The double standard in the way female teacher male student relationships are portrayed and spoken about is stark, and awful. I really wish men would stop perpetuating it. Tis not women responding with "niccccee"

:pac: You're right there. All the masculinists complaining about double standards but when you look at it, it's only men who have the double standards!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

This always stuck with me because of a particular time in my life, there was a case of a teacher from Cork who kidnapped his own own child from his estranged partner and keep her hidden for two years and then killed the little child he was aided by a former pupil who he had a relationship with when she was in school.

Truley evil person and I am sure the guilt will never leave that girl for helping him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,573 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Arghus wrote: »
    I enjoy reading Mr fegelien's threads, it's always good to know what the youth are concerned about these days.

If I thought this idiot was in way representative of the "youth" I'd probably eviscerate my kid...
    Between this nonsense and his prior account he is single handedly responsible for more stupid threads than the other 99% of boards users.

He is "our" 1% who just happens to be 100% thick :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

When I was in 5th year I was 19
    Went out to the Queen's night club in Ennis over the Christmas and had a night of passion with an older woman...

After the Christmas holidays I came back and we had a student teacher in Art class....

It was awkward because myself and two other mates were at that party...

She got a transfer after a week...

Very embarrassing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

banie01 wrote: »
    If I thought this idiot was in way representative of the "youth" I'd probably eviscerate my kid...
    Between this nonsense and his prior account he is single handedly responsible for more stupid threads than the other 99% of boards users.

Why am I an idiot :D

banie01 wrote: »

don't forget jeanjolie back in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Three that I know of from when I was in school.

One was a student teacher from Germany, couldn't have been more than 22 and the student was 19, they were not subtle about it, I'm not sure the teacher actually understood it would be frowned upon.

Two others that were gross, students were 15 and 16 and very vulnerable, teachers were in their mid and late 20s.

All would have been fairly widely known by the student body, not sure about faculty.

It’s not just men, it’s a societal thing. Women may not use the niicceee memes but the amount of women I’ve heard discussing cases of boys being abused by female teachers as though it was only a silly little fling and no harm is not exactly small. There’s definitely a double standard when it comes to the idea of men as victims, women as perpetrators :(before someone says that’s because it’s so rare, a little bit of googling would show it’s far from rare)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Can't say I have a huge issue with that. They were very close in age. And 19 is quite old still to be in secondary school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Can't say I have a huge issue with that. They were very close in age. And 19 is quite old still to be in secondary school.

The problem with something like that is the teacher is in a position of authority and influence. The unwritten part of the job spec in a role like that is to NOT sleep with the students. Even at third level most organizations would have a problem with staff/ student relationships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Yeah the student was from the continent so had started school at five and this was when we were in Leaving Cert. Still pretty inappropriate but nothing like the other two cases imo.

The other staff HAD to have known, as I said they were not discreet about it but nothing ever came of it so I'd imagine most people weren't too bothered.

Over a decade ago now :eek: might be a different response today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

tritium wrote: »
    The problem with something like that is the teacher is in a position of authority and influence. The unwritten part of the job spec in a role like that is to NOT sleep with the students. Even at third level most organizations would have a problem with staff/ student relationships.

In this case, a student teacher could hardly be said to wield much authority or influence.

Most third-level institutions forbid romantic relationships when the staff member is in a supervisory position vis-à-vis the student, but usually not otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

And 19 is quite old still to be in secondary school.
    Not anymore it isn't. Kids start at 5 instead of 4 and with transition year and/or repeating the leaving, they can easily be 19/20 before they leave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

nthclare wrote: »
    Went out to the Queen's night club in Ennis over the Christmas and had a night of passion with an older woman...

After the Christmas holidays I came back and we had a student teacher in Art class....

Very embarrassing

Bit unfair on her - you were both adults and she wasn’t your teacher when you got together. And one of the three of ye seems to have ratted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,116 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Does a grinds teacher count? Vaguely remember a thread on that subject...

More 'bump n grinds' in this context:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Very embarrassing
    Bit unfair on her - you were both adults and she wasn’t your teacher when you got together. And one of the three of ye seems to have ratted.

Probably didn't happen, anyhow...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Wibbs wrote: »
    True dat. There's a double standard in play there. Whatever the grey area in cases of say 17/18 and 22/23, but 40 and 15 is as creepy as hell regardless of the gender involved.
    And that's perfectly fine because the woman was the 40 year old.
    If the genders were reversed of course it would be disgusting and creepy..

But lots of people deem their relationship creepy and inappropriate. Because it is, gross. My mum is always cringing when she sees the pair on TV together

But yeh if the gender was reversed there probably would have been investiations into his behaviour to ensure that they didnt sleep together when she was under 18

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Very embarrassing

In 5th year at 19??

• Registered Users Posts: 34,064 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

How common are they? In secondary school not college. Every week there's a story in the States of some female teacher in her 20s doing her male students. Surprised we don't see it here often. Must be the culture or perhaps it happens but things are under wraps.

Know a lad who worked in a Secondary School in school in Tralee who even bragged about it. His Dad is a former mayor in different City. Weirdo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

A guy I know actually left the teaching profession, in part, due to repeatedly being approached in a local night club by 5th/6th year students who he didn't immediately recognise when they were made up and not in their uniform.

To paraphrase his words at the time: "as a single guy who likes to drink too much, it's only a matter of time before I don't recognise one of them and end up in serious ****!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

And that's perfectly fine because the woman was the 40 year old.
    If the genders were reversed of course it would be disgusting and creepy..

I find it disgusting and creepy and wrong, no matter what the circumstances.

There is a wider double standard, true, but it seems fuelled as much by men as women “I’d have loved that as a teenager” kind of commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

In 5th year at 19??

There was a girl in my year who was 20 doing her Leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭tscul32

I was still 20 when I sat my college finals after a 4 year course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Even taking into account Transition Year and starting school at 5, 20 is pretty darn old to be doing the Leaving. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

1.) Female teacher and male student. He was 16 and age was about 30. Went on a while. Was all hearsay and plenty of rumours until he admitted it to us all one night a few years later. Some of the things that happened and where they happened were mad.
    2.) Male in early 20s (was doing subbing). Met the girl in a nightclub a few months, he didn't recognise her and she didn't say anything until after the deed was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Even taking into account Transition Year and starting school at 5, 20 is pretty darn old to be doing the Leaving. :eek:

I think she must have repeated a year too to be that "old".

I repeat my LC this year and I was 21 lads.... Did it in 2017 got 20 points, redid it and got 114 points.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

In my school when I was a first year, the PE teacher was banging one of the 6th years (1994) and got her pregnant.
    One of the other teachers found out, went over and got the PE Class in there to go to the library, locked the door and kicked the **** out of him.

They've got 3 kids now, easily a 15 year age gap between student/teacher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,825 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

giphy.gif

Advertisement