Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LBC discussion about children in ISIS camps

Options
  • 13-10-2019 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I’m Irish living in the UK. I’ve been listening to LBC’s - Maajid Nawaz. - today Sunday 13th of October 19
    Catchup is available on the LBC’s app and website.

Maajid was discussing families that are currently in ISIS camps in Syria. There are multiple ISIS camps in Syria with some holding up to 70’000 people mainly women and children.

ISIS have fallen approx 2 years ago. These camps still exist, the argument is that for example - an 8 year old boy who lost his father to a face less enemy, this child is grieving the loss of his father to the soldier of an enemy force. The boy’s family, friends of the family is now sharing extremist hate to that young boy I.e. radicalisation. So now this 8 year old boy will grow up to be 15/16 years of age with extremist views and hate of the western world.

Do you think that a terrorist organisation such as ISIS could re-ignite?

Should the western world take responsibility?
    If yes, in what way can we the western world take responsibility and what actions can we take?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

jimmy5694 wrote: »
    Do you think that a terrorist organisation such as ISIS could re-ignite?

Should the western world take responsibility?

If yes, in what way can we the western world take responsibility and what actions can we take?

Mod note:

As per the charter, what do you think OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭jimmy5694

Mod note:

As per the charter, what do you think OP?

It is a difficult one. My views are humanitarian.

Yes absolutely I believe a terrorist organisation could re-ignite especially where there is innocent young people in these conditions I believe these camps are a massive security issue, I wish I had time to find journal articles to support my statement here.

In the Irish perspective, why would Ireland take responsibility? However we are part of the United Nations and therefore in my view we have a humanitarian responsibility, but we also have an ethical one.

In the perspective of a security issue, if Ireland decided to take young people who support ISIS there is obviously a security risk to our people and nation, I’m not a professional in national security so I wouldn’t have a clue how to solve this issue.

Regarding the actions we could take as a nation. I think we could start with peace keeping.

I may be talking pure bull, but I believe this is a serious issue, and if left fester it will just get worse.

Advertisement