Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Changes at GoBe (GoBus Cork)

• 04-10-2019 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Taken from the GoBe Facebook page

We have some very exciting news for our passengers.

From Monday 7th of October the Cork-Dublin-Dublin Airport route will be operating under GoBus.ie.

Our schedule, fares and team will remain the same, we still take the Free Travel Pass and as always we are here to help!

Contact us on 091 56 46 00 or info@gobus.ie for any queries :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I wonder if that will lead to a change of the pickup zone at Dublin airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Been a long time coming TBH. There's been no real world connection with Bus Eireann since they moved their Cork and Dublin stops. I believe the rumour here is the split was a demand of the same union scumbags who chased GoBE buses down the street in Cork during a strike and forced the passengers off?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

As stated in the other thread, it was always a marriage of convinenence at the end of the day.

GoBus needed Bus Eireann to provide facilities, infrastructure and help promote the service to get it off the ground at first and Bus Eireann needed GoBus to have any kind of proper presence on that corridor and to try and give Aircoach at least a bit of a bloody nose.

Now the route is well established and in a good position, no longer needs BE infrastructure or support to promote it, then it's save to say there's not really any real convienence left for GoBus in the partnership anymore and since it is their service at the end of the day, best off to go it alone.

Same bus just with a new paint job and sign reflecting the gobus brand.

Sign in Cork changed on the stand but little shop still having the old branding.

Drivers in the red gobus jackets.

I wonder if that will lead to a change of the pickup zone at Dublin airport.

And it did as I suspected, Cork is now also served from Zone 13!

But it's only marked in the ticket and on the website if you search for it, no big announcement on the web page/twitter.

At least I know for tomorrow morning, hopefully there is a sign at the airport about this for others who do not spot it on the ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

GoBe brand name is owned by Bus Eireann, who also own the GoBe.ie website, hence why it's not redirecting to GoBus whereas the twitter and facebook pages have been changed to GoBus.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭belfast stephen

So why is the GoBe website still Active if they are no longer in partnaship

And this morning the bus was standing in Zone 10 as usual rather than the it’s new place.

Driver had no idea and some people only noticed the wrong place very late. Instead of going over and helping he just stood at his bus.

Also bus was fuller than usual.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

So why is the GoBe website still Active if they are no longer in partnaship

Because CIE have the speed and poise of a startled slug when doing IT work? Probably awaiting a change request to do it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

L1011 wrote: »
    Because CIE have the speed and poise of a startled slug when doing IT work? Probably awaiting a change request to do it

Or even a matter of ownership for it within the organisation. The best thing about RACI is when I'm not on it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

They are now using the GoBus Galway Blue and White colour scheme on the Cork route too.

A pity, I understand why, but I much preferred the red and white livery. Oh and the old gobe.ie website is now gone and the url now points to gobus.ie instead.

And as part of the massive changes at Dublin Airport another stop change:

As of Tuesday 4th of February 2020, GoBus Cork will be operating from Zone 12, stop 7 in Dublin Airport.

Driver this morning went between the stops to ensure he would get everyone but in the end it was just me at the airport.

Advertisement