Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virtual Reality General Discussion / Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Kiith wrote: »
    No Mans Sky VR patch was released today, in case anyone is interested.

It's actually pretty good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

• Registered Users Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

Did anyone here get an index?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MurphChops

_DMac_ wrote: »
    Did anyone here get an index?

I did , been living in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

For anyone on PCVR, check out this lovely low poly driving experience that was made for a synthwave EP that was released, its called Sheaf:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1072530

Its free and contains 3 songs, with a different experience for each song that is nicely synced to the scenery.

No controls necessary apart from selecting which track you want to listen to in the menu.

Just sit back and chill, and feel the goosebumps.

Doge wrote: »
    For anyone on PCVR, check out this lovely low poly driving experience that was made for a synthwave EP that was released, its called Sheaf:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1072530

Its free and contains 3 songs, with a different experience for each song that is nicely synced to the scenery.

No controls necessary apart from selecting which track you want to listen to in the menu.

Just sit back and chill, and feel the goosebumps.

Nice... this is also good for anyone on Go / Quest playing via ALVR or Virtual Desktop.

Might be better even as no wires means easier to sit back on the couch and chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,005 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Any sign of the Vive Cosmos? Was supposed to be launched in Q3 2019 but we're nearly into the third month of that Q and no further news that I'm aware of...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

MurphChops wrote: »
    I did , been living in it

What are you playing on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Varik

John Cormack talking VR with Joe Rogan

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 16,005 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Any sign of the Vive Cosmos? Was supposed to be launched in Q3 2019 but we're nearly into the third month of that Q and no further news that I'm aware of...

Finally...:rolleyes:

Pre-orders go live on Friday, when full info on specs and price will be released. So we'll see then.

https://www.roadtovr.com/htc-vive-cosmos-pre-orders/

early hands on review here

Skerries wrote: »
    VY0SgqJ.png

Poor Huawei.

Lads twitchcon and games done quick is current live streaming in the games and sports section of bigscreen.

Currently I am the only one in the room when hopping between both haha.

If anyone wants to join me ye know where to find me.

This one flew off my radar.
    It's like superhot combined with best saber and is coming November 7th to Oculus Quest and PCVR:

Such Selfie,
    much immersion
    Wow

492237.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

What games ye keep coming back to guys? Pavlov and beat saber for me, Pavlov just because there's so much custom/new stuff, beat saber used to be the same with custom songs but they seem to have patched that out. What about ye? (Low-key just looking for recommendations :D)

What games ye keep coming back to guys? Pavlov and beat saber for me, Pavlov just because there's so much custom/new stuff, beat saber used to be the same with custom songs but they seem to have patched that out. What about ye? (Low-key just looking for recommendations :D)

Bought Pavlov but hardly played it yet. We need to get a multiplayer going in that town I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Box VR, bye bye gym membership.

In Death was a game I constantly played for about a year.

Haven't played it as much as late, I keep taking part in the Glider Island tournaments each month though as the dev gives out cash prizes.

I bought the game for about €5 but have since won around $200 which goes toward my US PSVR account via Amazon gift cards.

Bad Doge! BAD!

492619.jpg

Bad Doge! BAD!

492619.jpg

Oh shiiiii... That yours??

mrcheez wrote: »
    Oh shiiiii... That yours??

Haha no, I stole it from Reddit.

Haha no, I stole it from Reddit.

Phew was gonna suggest it was a good time for an upgrade.

But I think staring into that dogs eyes would send you on a trip more than anything in VR. He can see your soul.

Wow this sorta came out of nowhere

https://uploadvr.com/asgards-wrath-review/

Some are saying it's the greatest VR game yet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

mrcheez wrote: »
    Wow this sorta came out of nowhere

https://uploadvr.com/asgards-wrath-review/

Some are saying it's the greatest VR game yet
    That looks good , although I had to get to yhe end of that long review to find out its a rift exclusive :(

Dr Bob wrote: »
    That looks good , although I had to get to yhe end of that long review to find out its a rift exclusive :(

Aye... I think FB threw a lot of money at the devs for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I see very little to no new quest games coming out, the library seems very sparse and no loads on the horizon. Am i missing something or is this a concern. Oculus link not an option as I have no PC that could power it

Advertisement