Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

lleti wrote: »
    Actor who has such an ego she wants to be seen on TV so puts hands up for the ad.

Bossy character who has to be front and centre in all ads, clips etc.

Bossy character who clearly is the one making the big fuss out of all this. As the fella said he's used to racism so he's not the one who started getting onto the media.

I'd say Mathis would get some heat from her if he was seen looking at another womans arse or something.

You seem particularly bothered by her very specifically. Reason enough there to wonder why

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Gardai don't have the power to do anything regarding online abuse
    7 years of sustained harrasment. Took them 7 years to do anything. Stop the lights

So, you're just wrong.

Sometimes the law takes time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

So, you're just wrong.

Sometimes the law takes time.

It didn't take 7 years to go through the courts. He abused them for 7 years!

The Gardai and the justice department are a great comedy duo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

It didn't take 7 years to go through the courts. He abused them for 7 years!

The Gardai and the justice department are a great comedy duo

So it didn’t take the Gardai 7 years to act.

Think you’re the comedy here in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Actor who has such an ego she wants to be seen on TV so puts hands up for the ad.

B.

How do you think actors make money? Ads cast through actors agencies so it's overwhelmingly actors in ads. They might ask for a specific demographic eg: Mother & Child of 6 years, Man with genuine Cork accent, Mixed Race couple.

You think she got to decide where she stood & who was front and centre in the ad or are you just throwing out any old ****e because you actually have nothing?

• Advertisement

So it didn’t take the Gardai 7 years to act.

Think you’re the comedy here in fairness

The 36-year-old man was charged following an 18-month garda investigation into an alleged seven-year long campaign of online harassment against a number of women.

A comedy

• Registered Users Posts: 28,656 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Bossy character who clearly is the one making the big fuss out of all this. As the fella said he's used to racism so he's not the one who started getting onto the media.

I'd say Mathis would get some heat from her if he was seen looking at another womans arse or something.

An actor appearing on TV? Why that's outrageous.

And a woman who doesn't defer to her husband? That must be very scary for you.

Let's hope we get back to the good old days soon.

https://youtu.be/LS37SNYjg8w

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

If the police announce an arrest, I wonder will we see any of our posters on here, in a complete coincidence of course, mysteriously stop posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭Odhinn

..not that you find women threatening or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

we should all get used to racism and let it be??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Sooooooo an actor who applied for and got a job is creepy to you? How do you think actors get jobs? Ae all actors ego driven in your eyes?

I'm sure you can provide evidence for this claim?
    Bossy character who clearly is the one making the big fuss out of all this.

Again evidence for your claims please
    As the fella said he's used to racism so he's not the one who started getting onto the media.

You don't know this you're just guessing.

Now you're just sounding desperate and jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭whippet

it's all good news for Gemma - she hopefully will get the opportunity to stand up in court and put her case forward as to why she was justified in her actions and comments about this couple. The media will report her words and he can then get the exposure she craves ..... however, this comes with some risk of .. y'know ... the courts not really agreeing with her racist outlook on life

whippet wrote: »
    it's all good news for Gemma - she hopefully will get the opportunity to stand up in court and put her case forward as to why she was justified in her actions and comments about this couple. The media will report her words and he can then get the exposure she craves ..... however, this comes with some risk of .. y'know ... the courts not really agreeing with her racist outlook on life

Not a hope in hell of her or anyone else ending up in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,610 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 39,775 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Actor who has such an ego she wants to be seen on TV

The absolute fúcking nerve of her.

The Nal wrote: »

Cant see it happening to be honest. I hope I'm proved wrong though. I enjoy the fall out online and in the media from such things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Wannabe-leader who has such an ego she wants to be seen on TV and failing that livestreams her stream of consciousness on YouTube. That's Gemma.

That's Gemma.
    Bossy character who clearly is the one making the big fuss out of all this.

Gemma again.
    I'd say the Grand Tan Croft, Kelly, Barrett and Gilroy would get some heat from her if they were seen looking at another election run where Gemma wanted to run.

Yeah, she's already fallen out with at least two of those supposed allies...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,023 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Cant see it happening to be honest. I hope I'm proved wrong though. I enjoy the fall out online and in the media from such things.

Given your obsession with it this morning I get the sense you’re worried the Garda will catch up with you for past offenses

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭lleti

You seem particularly bothered by her very specifically. Reason enough there to wonder why

Why is that now?

Wannabe-leader who has such an ego she wants to be seen on TV and failing that livestreams her stream of consciousness on YouTube. That's Gemma.

That's Gemma.

Gemma again.

Yeah, she's already fallen out with at least two of those supposed allies...

Not sure what your reply has got to do with me, I have never said I support Gemma or anything.

You know I'm allowed to have a view on something without being put in one corner or the other.

For all the talk about looney alt right people from the US catching on over here, you sure do a lot of labelling and divisiveness yourselves...

What's next? I'll be an alt right neo nazi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Assertive wouldn't be the word I'd use.

Triggered by assertive women. Ya we know your type mate. Jog on.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,023 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Now now the wimkins should know better than to not be wholly subdued and submissive when a MAN is present.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Gardai don't have the power to do anything regarding online abuse

I happen to know that the Gardai paid a visit to a certain online abusive character only in the last couple of weeks. He was anonymous, but they got his IP and sent a letter cautioning him, subsequently followed up by a house call when he sent a letter denying any knowledge of the posts and DMs he’d sent. In this case they assessed that he was a harmless fantasist and just told him not to contact the woman again.

alastair wrote: »
    I happen to know that the Gardai paid a visit to a certain online abusive character only in the last couple of weeks. He was anonymous, but they got his IP and sent a letter cautioning him, subsequently followed up by a house call when he sent a letter denying any knowledge of the posts and DMs he’d sent. In this case they assessed that he was a harmless fantasist and just told him not to contact the woman again.

I happen to know that you made that story up.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,767 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Blueshoe was banned from posting in this thread some time ago. Please do not respond further to any of their posts as they cannot reply

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,708 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Running in the elections again. Hopefully this time she will get the hint no one wants her elected.

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1182051409845526529?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 20,945 ✭✭✭✭Stark

What constituency? Please god let it be mine so I'll have the pleasure of voting against her like I did in the Europeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Not sure what your reply has got to do with me, I have never said I support Gemma or anything.

You know I'm allowed to have a view on something without being put in one corner or the other.

For all the talk about looney alt right people from the US catching on over here, you sure do a lot of labelling and divisiveness yourselves...

What's next? I'll be an alt right neo nazi?

Well so far you've shown yourself to be someone who punches down at the victims of online abuse rather than the perpetrators of it, so... /shrug

Keep trying and you may yet get to be interviewed by Gemma on a four hour livestream...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,130 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Stark wrote: »
    What constituency? Please god let it be mine so I'll have the pleasure of voting against her like I did in the Europeans.

Billy Kelleher (Cork North-Central), Frances Fitzgerald (Dublin Mid-West), Mick Wallace (Wexford) and Clare Daly (Dublin North) were all elected in the European elections.

I'm in Mid-West. Looks the "best" fit. :pac:

• Advertisement

Well so far you've shown yourself to be someone who punches down at the victims of online abuse rather than the perpetrators of it, so... /shrug

Keep trying and you may yet get to be interviewed by Gemma on a four hour livestream...

Huh? Abuse is always bad but it's hardly a new thing. It happens everyday across Ireland. Our own taoiseach gets it often but no....it's yer wan looking to get herself in the media that gets the big fuss.

Remember that Mexican lad who got all the abuse a few months ago? Didn't see the media going on for weeks interviewing him did you even though his abuse was far far worse considering it wasn't keyboard warriors, it was youthful thugs who were a real threat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement