Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas

Options
  • 08-10-2019 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering if im gong from Cabra to Tallaght on the Luas,do i have to tag off when i get off at Marlborough before i get on at Abbey Street.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

FAQ

There is no change to the way you Touch On / Off your Leap Card on Luas. You should to Touch On before you get on the tram and Touch Off after you get off the tram.

If you are using both lines our best advice is to Touch On and Off for the 1st tram trip and then after you change lines Touch On and Off for the 2nd tram trip. By Touching On/Off for each tram trip you will get the best value fare for your overall journey, you will have a valid ticket and you will have the flexibility to change your mind about the 2nd part of your journey.

You can also Touch On before the 1st tram trip; change trams and Touch Off after the 2nd tram trip but be careful to not Touch Off or On by accident.

A working example of a trip using both lines from Balally to Heuston is outline below. To complete your journey you should;

- Touch On before you board the tram on the Green Line at Balally stop
    - Touch Off after you get off the tram on the Green Line at O'Connell - GPO stop
    - Touch On before you board the tram on the Red Line at Abbey Street stop
    - Touch Off after you get off the tram on the Red Line at Heuston stop

Luas recommends that you Touch On and Off for the 1st tram trip and then after you change lines to Touch On and Off for the 2nd tram trip for the following reasons;

- You will get the best value fare for your overall journey on both lines
    - You will have a valid ticket and will not get a Standard Fare of €45 increasing to €100 if not paid in two weeks
    - You will have the flexibility to change your mind about or deter the 2nd part of your journey

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

gwalk wrote: »
    FAQ

There is no change to the way you Touch On / Off your Leap Card on Luas. You should to Touch On before you get on the tram and Touch Off after you get off the tram.

If you are using both lines our best advice is to Touch On and Off for the 1st tram trip and then after you change lines Touch On and Off for the 2nd tram trip. By Touching On/Off for each tram trip you will get the best value fare for your overall journey, you will have a valid ticket and you will have the flexibility to change your mind about the 2nd part of your journey.

You can also Touch On before the 1st tram trip; change trams and Touch Off after the 2nd tram trip but be careful to not Touch Off or On by accident.

A working example of a trip using both lines from Balally to Heuston is outline below. To complete your journey you should;

- Touch On before you board the tram on the Green Line at Balally stop
    - Touch Off after you get off the tram on the Green Line at O'Connell - GPO stop
    - Touch On before you board the tram on the Red Line at Abbey Street stop
    - Touch Off after you get off the tram on the Red Line at Heuston stop

Luas recommends that you Touch On and Off for the 1st tram trip and then after you change lines to Touch On and Off for the 2nd tram trip for the following reasons;

- You will get the best value fare for your overall journey on both lines
    - You will have a valid ticket and will not get a Standard Fare of €45 increasing to €100 if not paid in two weeks
    - You will have the flexibility to change your mind about or deter the 2nd part of your journey

Thats what i do now.But was wondering if you could tap on/off twice rather than four times

You can, but you may be charged more than if you do it four times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

dubstarr wrote: »
    Thats what i do now.But was wondering if you could tap on/off twice rather than four times

are those two taps such an inconvenince to you that they would make such a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

gwalk wrote: »
    are those two taps such an inconvenince to you that they would make such a difference

Yes massively

• Advertisement
Advertisement