Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

1 tonne of Ovoids landing this morning from C.W and they threw in 2 bags of slack free

€290 tonne pallet
    €83 shipping :( (Liam Connolly)
    €373 total

I've had better deals and until I can find a cheaper way to get it to my front door then I will have to suck it up, but if the Ovoids are of similar great quality than the last 3yrs orders then I will soon forget about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

1 tonne of Ovoids landing this morning from C.W and they threw in 2 bags of slack free

€290 tonne pallet
    €83 shipping :( (Liam Connolly)
    €373 total

I've had better deals and until I can find a cheaper way to get it to my front door then I will have to suck it up, but if the Ovoids are of similar great quality than the last 3yrs orders then I will soon forget about it

Yeah I ordered from them for the last 2 years. Quality has been good. My father has been buying off smyths in roslea ( easyglow) and finds them good. I bit the bullet this morning and went with them. 373 also and a lot less hassle ordering.

Still have cw from last year so will compare the 2 and write back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

physioman wrote: »

please do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

Yeah I ordered from them for the last 2 years. Quality has been good. My father has been buying off smyths in roslea ( easyglow) and finds them good. I bit the bullet this morning and went with them. 373 also and a lot less hassle ordering.

Yes, I would be curious to see how they compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rocko

Will buying coal from Coalwarehouse in NI delivered to ROI be affected after Brexit?
    Assuming there is a Brexit deal in 6 weeks time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

Rocko wrote: »
    Will buying coal from Coalwarehouse in NI delivered to ROI be affected after Brexit?

You will have to pay import duty and the emission Levy's I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Rocko wrote: »

This guy should know boris.johnson.mp@parliament.uk

No one knows yet I guess.

Cape Clear wrote: »
    This guy should know boris.johnson.mp@parliament.uk

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Updated price list from the Coalwarehouse

��NEW PRICE LIST��

‼️Unfortunately due to suppliers increases we have no choice but to put our prices up.‼️

This will take effect on Tuesday 1st October

��NEW PRICELIST��
    ▪️ Slack - €130 per tonne
    ▪️ Singles - €165 per tonne
    ▪️ Doubles - €225 per tonne
    ▪️ Polish Coal - €225 per tonne
    ▪️ Black Diamond - €260 per tonne
    ▪️ Columbian Doubles - €260 per tonne
    ▪️ Columbian Coal - €280 per tonne
    ▪️ Masterheat - €270 per tonne
    ▪️ Union Nuggets - €265 per tonne
    ▪️ Countryblend - €300 per tonne
    ▪️ Clearflame - €300 per tonne
    ▪️ Ovoids - €300 per tonne

⚠️��Our smokeless products have not increased yet but we have been told to expect a rise in the near future.⚠️��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

mickuhaha wrote: »
    You will have to pay import duty and the emission Levy's I would think.

Technically you are meant to pay it now

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

vicwatson wrote: »
    Technically you are meant to pay it now

Just emission levy I believe. No tax on purchasing a product for personal use cross EU countries. Tax is paid in selling country.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

mickuhaha wrote: »
    Just emission levy I believe. No tax on purchasing a product for personal use cross EU countries. Tax is paid in selling country.

I think this was gone over before that technically you personally must accompany the fuel for it to be duty free?? OTC

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭lenscap

vicwatson wrote: »
    I think this was gone over before that technically you personally must accompany the fuel for it to be duty free?? OTC

That is the correct answer. If you are importing the fuel for personal use (not for resale) then you must accompany it as it crosses the border otherwise you will be liable to the carbon tax.

I have never seen or heard of it enforced but with Brexit.......................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

Minister for Finance replying to a question by Micheál Martin in June 2019:

"European Union Single Market constraints preclude the use of any cross-border controls in relation to the movement of solid fuel into the State from other Member States. Therefore, Revenue has no authority to stop vehicles and physically inspect loads of solid fuel entering the State from Northern Ireland. Similarly, the transportation or possession of solid fuel that originated in Northern Ireland are not, in themselves, Revenue offences and Revenue's officers have no authority to challenge such transportation or possession."

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/question/2019-06-25/126/

Until brexit obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Has any one used these

http://coaldirectireland.com

naughto wrote: »
    Has any one used these

http://coaldirectireland.com

Ton of ovoids 445 euro. Hardly good value there.

Ton of ovoids 445 euro. Hardly good value there.

Cw house 300 plus 85 for delivery 385

445-85 is 360 so the above link works out cheaper even at 85 for delivery.i no it says it’s free but it’s not

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭jc77

Cape Clear wrote: »
    What is their current stg price for a ton of Ovoids?

This is now £265

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Happy4

Hi,

complete and utter newby at buying coal (so apologies).. are oviods just like a smokeless coal? Any tips on where to buy good smokeless coal that will deliver to Naas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I was picking up some coal earlier and was told prices are going up next week and his supplier had raised prices last week.

€17 for 40kg of ovoids locally now and an increase on the way and I can get 2 for €29.50 a ten minute drive away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

Use REVIEW10 Coupon code on kosy king to save 10 pounds or 11.50 euro. I just ordered as they are now just as cheap as CW without the hassel of arranging delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

homingbird wrote: »
    Use REVIEW10 Coupon code on kosy king to save 10 pounds or 11.50 euro. I just ordered as they are now just as cheap as CW without the hassel of arranging delivery.

Coal warehouse are about 47 euros cheaper per tonne of ovoids for me, delivery to Waterford, I just checked.

Coal warehouse = €300
    Delivery with Mcgovern Transport to Waterford = €78
    Total = €378

Kosyking = €397
    Delivery = €28
    Total = €425

Actually when you use cosykings exchange rate and pay in euros the cost goes up a tenner to €435.79

€425 - €378 = €47

Cw house 300 plus 85 for delivery 385

445-85 is 360 so the above link works out cheaper even at 85 for delivery.i no it says it’s free but it’s not

To be honest I can't understand your reply. Cw house is 385 v 445 so cw is cheaper by 60 euro. Hence my comment that 445 is not a bargain. Maybe omega gene can clear this up

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

Whats the best product for an open fire, high heat, low ash please..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Freight costs are a rip off, are you tied to a particular freight company? I have a one tonne pallet of another product coming from NI next week for £20, it has been that price for at least two years.

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Freight costs are a rip off, are you tied to a particular freight company? I have a one tonne pallet of another product coming from NI next week for £20, it has been that price for at least two years.

Who’s the company you are with and where are you getting it delivered to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Who’s the company you are with and where are you getting it delivered to?

It's usually "The Pallet Network" and it's delivered from Armagh to Wexford but as far as I know it's the same price to all of the Republic.

How do u go about contacting the pallet network to get a delivery arranged?

• Advertisement

Marhay70 wrote: »
    It's usually "The Pallet Network" and it's delivered from Armagh to Wexford but as far as I know it's the same price to all of the Republic.

The pallet network charge €95.00 + vat at 23 % to deliver from coal warehouse to Waterford. They just confirmed this by email to me just now.
    JoeMcgovern is the cheapest for me at 73.80 euros

Advertisement