Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Any one use easyglow?

https://www.easyglow.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

naughto wrote: »
    Any one use easyglow?

https://www.easyglow.ie

I ordered from them in April. Ordered online, dispatched the next day and I think it was delivered the following day. Delivery was 39 euro. Found it very straightforward and a lot less faffing about than with CW tbh. I got a mixed pallet, doubles and triple heat and found it ok, I've barely lit a fire since so still have most of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

So a little update .Ordered a ton of Ovoids today and a tone of singles from Coal Warehouse . She knocked a couple of pound off for me. £400 which works out at about €430 which is good value. Ordered them on Thursday.

Got onto a local Transport company in Wexford called Breen Transport. They are based in Ferns. Sent them the details of where it needed to be collected from and where it needed to be delivered too.

Took delivery this morning . €130 for two tones so €65 a tone. It’s the cheapest I’ve come across and I asked to they deliver nationwide and they do. Paid cash to the driver this morning too so no need to be messing about with cards. He called me about 30 minutes before hand.

€560 for a ton of Ovoids and a ton of Singles delivered . Happy man. Any questions on the courier let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

bigron2109 wrote: »
    So a little update .Ordered a ton of Ovoids today and a tone of singles from Coal Warehouse . She knocked a couple of pound off for me. £400 which works out at about €430 which is good value. Ordered them on Thursday.

Got onto a local Transport company in Wexford called Breen Transport. They are based in Ferns. Sent them the details of where it needed to be collected from and where it needed to be delivered too.

Took delivery this morning . €130 for two tones so €65 a tone. It’s the cheapest I’ve come across and I asked to they deliver nationwide and they do. Paid cash to the driver this morning too so no need to be messing about with cards. He called me about 30 minutes before hand.

€560 for a ton of Ovoids and a ton of Singles delivered . Happy man. Any questions on the courier let me know.

Can you please pm me the number of the courier ta

Can you please pm me the number of the courier ta

PM sent.

• Advertisement

bigron2109 wrote: »
    PM sent.

ta

has anyone got a pallet delivered to Dublin cheaper than the two haulage companies the C.W recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

has anyone got a pallet delivered to Dublin cheaper than the two haulage companies the C.W recommend?

I used Jc Mc Govern's earlier in the year €73.80 (€60 plus vat) for a ton to Cork I was quoted €75 for Ward Groupage & €85 for Liam Connolly RF

• Registered Users Posts: 35,679 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

easy glow are 313.00 euro for ton ovoids. Plus one can checkout via paypal without adding address for shipping, as address is on the paypal details.
    One can just checkout at 313.00, would it arrive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

Ordered a ton of stove coal from easyglow last Sunday and it arrived on Tuesday morning... €361 including courier. A very efficient service

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 stovecoal

Not a deal but I thought I would let you know about my terrible experience with Beatty's Fuel.

Ordered a tonne of Maxibrite on 22nd August on beattystores.ie for 399 euro. (coaldirect.net is run by Beatty's aswell but prices in sterling. I found out later that Beatty Fuels handle orders from beattystores and the Beatty Hardware shop handles coaldirect.)

Over the first week I rang them 4 times, my details were taken but no-one rang me back. Last Friday I rang for the fifth time and was eventually told the pallet would arrive Monday morning.

I waited all morning but no delivery. I rang Beatty Fuels 5 times before someone rang me back. Each time I rang I was polite and simply wanted to know the delivery time. During the 5 calls one person hung up, another time I was told he was in the toilet and then told he was gone to lunch. Laughable stuff!

When Beatty Fuels rang back I was told the pallet was dispatched and I might get it Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. I asked him would he ring me back with the correct delivery time.

During our conversation he mentioned which courier they would use. 5 minutes Iater I rang the courier and during the phone call an email arrived from Beatty Fuels with my details. So the pallet had not been dispatched and my order was only been dealt with now.

At 5pm I got an email from Beatty Hardware telling me the pallet would be dispatched Monday afternoon and I would get it Wednesday morning. The guy from Beatty Fuels never rang back as he promised so if I hadn't rang the courier myself I would have lost Monday afternoon aswell.

To top it off the pallet arrives Tuesday morning when I wasn't ready. Also 50% of the bags had wet coal - 5 bags were so bad I had to put them into buckets to dry off.

I sent some emails complaining but my contact in Beatty Hardware started telling me it was nothing to do with them and forwarded the emails on to Beatty Fuels. No reply or explanation or apology.

I lost alot of time on this order. Beatty Fuels couldn't careless it seems. Also to be in business for 40+ years and to dispatch a pallet of wet coal is disgraceful. I won't be giving them business again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

stovecoal wrote: »
    Not a deal but I thought I would let you know about my terrible experience with Beatty's Fuel.

Ordered a tonne of Maxibrite on 22nd August on beattystores.ie for 399 euro. (coaldirect.net is run by Beatty's aswell but prices in sterling. I found out later that Beatty Fuels handle orders from beattystores and the Beatty Hardware shop handles coaldirect.)

Over the first week I rang them 4 times, my details were taken but no-one rang me back. Last Friday I rang for the fifth time and was eventually told the pallet would arrive Monday morning.

I waited all morning but no delivery. I rang Beatty Fuels 5 times before someone rang me back. Each time I rang I was polite and simply wanted to know the delivery time. During the 5 calls one person hung up, another time I was told he was in the toilet and then told he was gone to lunch. Laughable stuff!

When Beatty Fuels rang back I was told the pallet was dispatched and I might get it Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. I asked him would he ring me back with the correct delivery time.

During our conversation he mentioned which courier they would use. 5 minutes Iater I rang the courier and during the phone call an email arrived from Beatty Fuels with my details. So the pallet had not been dispatched and my order was only been dealt with now.

At 5pm I got an email from Beatty Hardware telling me the pallet would be dispatched Monday afternoon and I would get it Wednesday morning. The guy from Beatty Fuels never rang back as he promised so if I hadn't rang the courier myself I would have lost Monday afternoon aswell.

To top it off the pallet arrives Tuesday morning when I wasn't ready. Also 50% of the bags had wet coal - 5 bags were so bad I had to put them into buckets to dry off.

I sent some emails complaining but my contact in Beatty Hardware started telling me it was nothing to do with them and forwarded the emails on to Beatty Fuels. No reply or explanation or apology.

I lost alot of time on this order. Beatty Fuels couldn't careless it seems. Also to be in business for 40+ years and to dispatch a pallet of wet coal is disgraceful. I won't be giving them business again.

Sounds like they are to be avoided at all costs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Sounds like they are to be avoided at all costs

Or even ovioded...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,052 ✭✭✭mikeecho

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Or even ovioded...

BOOM BOOM

animal-muppet.png

stovecoal wrote: »

Sounds exactly like my experience with them last year and I posted about. I was chasing them for days to find out about the delivery and then he just showed up. Lucky enough I work from home.

Regarding the coal, there was a lot of the bags which I got from them, wet coal. I personally wouldn't buy from them again. Regarding the coal itself, there was a lot of clinkers left. I bought a tone of Ovoids.

The difference between the customer service from them and Coal ware house is unreal. The coal warehouse are lovely to deal with. I wouldn't buy from Betty fuels again. They might be cheaper and easier to offer from, but the hassle is not worth the saving.

Looking to buy my first ton of coal soon.
    googled Coal Warehouse and found this article .
    https://www.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/buyers-beware-as-td-aims-for-law-change-35593534.html

You lads even get a mention

'According to the Hardware Association of Ireland this is only part of the problem. There's now an active online forum which explains how consumers can ring a courier company based in Dublin and arrange collection of coal from a coal warehouse in Co. Tyrone. 'Customers are also encouraged to 'like' the Facebook page, and it now has 7,726 likes.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Ordered off easyglow yesterday around lunchtime and pallet delivered this morning at 9AM. Seriously fast service. As long as the coal burns well would definitely order off these guys again.

Anyone have an email address for Coal Warehouse please?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

Got a pallet of Polish Gold Coal (Full Ton)
    - 40 bags of 25kg from kosyking
    Sub-Total: £270.00
    Coupon(Review10): £-10.00
    Republic of Ireland Shipping: £24.95
    Total: £284.95

Order late last week with delivery today. Delivery driver was a good guy. He was willing to try go over some rough ground to help me. Seems to be burning ok I will go through a bag and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭jc77

c - 13 wrote: »
    Ordered off easyglow yesterday around lunchtime and pallet delivered this morning at 9AM. Seriously fast service. As long as the coal burns well would definitely order off these guys again.

Was the price you paid on their webpage inclusive of delivery cost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

Shipping is normally extra ... My pallet to Offaly cost €48

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭6541

Hi - It looks like I am going to order 5 tonnes from CW anyway I will get a discount from CW and from a courier ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

jc77 wrote: »

No. €48 extra for delivery to Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭swardy1

Hi, planning on ordering a pallet of the stove ovoids from easyglow today. Anyone whose tried these - whats the heat & ash output like?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lissoy

Just ordered 3 tones of ovoids from Coal warehouse. I asked to pay in sterling and saved about €45 Vs paying in Euro. They were automatically charging me in Euro, I guess by my phone number or accent but it was no problem to get them to change to the sterling price. They chance their arm a bit.

Lissoy wrote: »
    Just ordered 3 tones of ovoids from Coal warehouse. I asked to pay in sterling and saved about €45 Vs paying in Euro. They were automatically charging me in Euro, I guess by my phone number or accent but it was no problem to get them to change to the sterling price. They chance their arm a bit.

What is their current stg price for a ton of Ovoids?

Cape Clear wrote: »
    What is their current stg price for a ton of Ovoids?

£255

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I want to order a tonne of ovoids. Anyone know which delivery company would be best for West Galway?

Discodog wrote: »
    I want to order a tonne of ovoids. Anyone know which delivery company would be best for West Galway?

I used Joe McGovern's from Cavan this time @ €74 per ton to deliver to Meath. I think it's a flat rate nationwide with them. O'Neill's are €85 per ton. Most haulage companies will give you a quote if you call them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

€75 with Warde Haulage to both Achill and Galway and I've found them great. All handled over email and bank transfer to pay.

Advertisement