Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 Player Secret Role

Options
  • 07-10-2019 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭

Hello friends, and welcome to the 10 Player Secret Role Game.

This is a simple game with no hidden mechanics other than the Secret Role.

Day Phases will end at 9pm, when lynch votes are no longer allowed, and nights will end at munch time which will likely be around the 10am mark.

As I'm in training tomorrow morning, munch may be an hour or two early.

Le Rules...
    1. Never edit a post. Mod kills will be handed out to players who edit/delete posts.
    2. Voting will be conducted on-thread. You must clearly state: VOTE xxxx to cast a valid vote. I won't be too strict on spellings of names here, but make sure it's obvious who you're voting for.
    3. Failure to vote in the lynch phase may result in an instant mod-kill. Votes time stamped past the allocated day-end times will not be accepted. One vote per day phase only is permitted per player.
    4. There are no hidden tasks.
    5. Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behaviour, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (sullivlo/Baggly) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.
    6. In the event of a tie in lynch votes, the person with the last vote cast against them will be lynched. Lynch results will be posted during the night phase.
    7. Autopriest is in effect.
    8. No discussion of PMs will be permitted. If you have any questions about PMs, reach out to me directly.
    9. Win conditions: for wolf win, reach parity with villagers; for villager win, kill all wolves

(rules semi-swiped from Necro's Toy Story game - thanks Necro :D )

Please Remember: Werewolf is a game of honour and respect. We play as friends, and respect for each other and the game is of huge importance here.

If you have any questions, please PM me, and for new players please feel free to ask as many questions as you need to on the thread. Our community is very friendly and more than happy to help new players learn the game.

Roster:
    1. sKeith
    2. fixxxer
    3. MrKingsley
    4. khalessi
    5. Spook_ie
    6. Clarabel
    7. Green&Red
    8. Bounty Hunter
    9. Deja Boo
    10. Quickbeam

No posting until I announce Day 1 has begun please.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

DAY 1 Begins

Lynch at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Memememememe

Clarabel wrote: »
    Memememememe

Yes first. The blood on my finger from F5 will dry eventually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Did you know that Psychologists say everyone is keeping 13 secrets.
    What do you think about that?

sKeith wrote: »

I'd say that everyone who posts on this thread had a secret.

• Advertisement

I'd say that everyone who posts on this thread had a secret.
    Is that a next person to post gets lynched type threat Clara?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Would you like to tell us what your 13 are?

Green&Red wrote: »
    Would you like to tell us what your 13 are?

What makes you think i have 13?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Your own words

Is that a next person to post gets lynched type threat Clara?

Hmmmm. I can't alone lynch a person. No threat. Everyone has secret. I'm actually a teenage boy - secrets out

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    Your own words
    Ah, so you believe what Psychologists say?

Why would you believe that mumbo jumbo so easily and so thoroughly that you then think I have 13 secrets!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

This is a nice intimate number. No wolf numbers in OP, but probably 2 at most.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

fixxxer wrote: »
    This is a nice intimate number. No wolf numbers in OP, but probably 2 at most.

Would have thought the same. I'm guessing pretty vanilla with probably 2 wolves and only 1 role in the game which like the number of baddies is secret as per the title and not in the OP.

Should be noted that I said in the sign up i'll be travelling Thursday but I got that wrong and will be travelling Friday (if the wife is right) so hopefully can play as normal the next few days.

Would have thought the same. I'm guessing pretty vanilla with probably 2 wolves and only 1 role in the game which like the number of baddies is secret as per the title and not in the OP.

Should be noted that I said in the sign up i'll be travelling Thursday but I got that wrong and will be travelling Friday (if the wife is right) so hopefully can play as normal the next few days.

As one of our resident wolf experts, how do you think a wolf would play a low numbers game like this?

As one of our resident wolf experts, how do you think a wolf would play a low numbers game like this?

Looking for tips?

Looking for tips?

Nope, just want to get people talking! We've got 4 hours until lynch so gotta shake those trees.

Were you genuinely interested or just shading me there Clarababybelle?

Nope, just want to get people talking! We've got 4 hours until lynch so gotta shake those trees.

Were you genuinely interested or just shading me there Clarababybelle?

Shading for a reaction. I'm satisfied.

Ha, would not call myself that but with low numbers it might be harder to spot wolves as their pack won't stand out as much. More like an SK team and tbh I normally have no idea how to track SKs usually but if there is more than one of them it might show up in terms of who they defend / don't attack.

in other words... *Shrug*

G'luck and fair play on doing your first game though Tusk and new players I'd second him saying to ask about anything you don't know.

Shading for a reaction. I'm satisfied.

Love how quick some start to play the game.

That said I also miss before D1 being the fun gif filled time it was for my first few games. Gave me a chance what was going on when I was new.

Okay, so I've done the calculations, and there is no more than 4 wolves.

If there are 4 wolves, then we are at LYLO now, we need to lynch correctly or we lose to the 4 wolf team on day 1, and that would be real bad for the village.

• Advertisement

Love how quick some start to play the game.

That said I also miss before D1 being the fun gif filled time it was for my first few games. Gave me a chance what was going on when I was new.

yeah, real tempted to cast my vote here and now for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I think that 13 is the number before fourteen.....which sounds like FURteen.......which means I’ve caught one already!

That is how this works yes?

But sincerely good evening all.

No way there are 4 wolves in a 10 player game.

I would’ve thought 2 but it could be 3 if the roled player gives the village a big advantage

MrKingsley wrote: »
    I think that 13 is the number before fourteen.....which sounds like FURteen.......which means I’ve caught one already!

That is how this works yes?

You got it in one! Except I don't think sK is a furball. However I've a terrible wolf hunting reputation

yeah, real tempted to cast my vote here and now for you.

Based on what, me thinking having fun before the game started used to be a nice easy intro? Or this is I assume an example of the new style. Take note new players, the above is someone shaking trees to see what falls out. A wolf he hopes, or he is trying to not look wolfy by accusing others. This game works on layer upon layer of paranoia :pac:

Also I’m not positive I can be online at 9pm. Is it ok to vote early in these games?

I would’ve thought 2 but it could be 3 if the roled player gives the village a big advantage

So we work off 3 then.

so we can only afford one mislynch.

Unless Tusk wants his first game over incredibly fast 4 is probably just a number thrown out there to get discussion going and gauge response. I'd be guessing 2 (could be 3 though I guess) as I doubt there would be only 1. If there was would that even be classed as a wolf. SK would fit better

Also I’m not positive I can be online at 9pm. Is it ok to vote early in these games?

That's fairly standard practice

• Advertisement

So we work off 3 then.

so we can only afford one mislynch.

Getting people riled up from the off sK? LYLO and mislynch talk on page 1 seems a tad early. Though again I believe your fishing but still fast start

Advertisement