Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

Batgurl wrote: »
    What’s the deal with bags in the venue? Can you bring in a handbag? Or is it like NFL and only bring what fits in your pockets?

Similar ask re: bags at the stadium. Are they allowing backpacks in? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Email world rugby or ask on Facebook/twitter?
    Fair more likely to get appropriate response there.

https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/venues

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Batgurl wrote: »
    What’s the deal with bags in the venue? Can you bring in a handbag? Or is it like NFL and only bring what fits in your pockets?

Yes. I brought back pack in no problem, bit more of a search at the Japan game but same result, they check the bag and then wave you on if nothing wrong in the bag

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I'm just back today. No problem bringing in a medium sized rucksack into both games. The checks are fairly cursory. Open the bag and they just have a quick look in. No rumaging down through the contents unless they see something they don't like.
    They don't allow bottles of water but I had 4 in my bag, at the bottom underneath the jackets. they didn't check.
    You'll also be given a clear plastic bag like at the airport for your pocket contents, phone. wallet, money, etc. Then a quick swipe over by security with their wand and off you go.
    After the security check you'll get your tickets scanned.
    It's all fairly relaxed and quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I haven't been given any of these clear plastic bags people have been talking about and neither are the people I'm with :pac:
    Most of the lads had phones, wallets etc in the pockets with no bags and were just waved right in. I had a small bag with me and they only looked in to see what was on top. Easy peasy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,520 ✭✭✭deezell

Food rules relaxed, see WRC site. Bring your own box meal from the great selections at the nearest mini market. Brought in a small 25cl red wine sold in a little carton, no prob. Of course you can bring what you want right up to the fan zones just outside grounds, great relaxed mood on the grassy area outside the Ecoba stadium, music, a few chilled cans, loads of people had those can cooler bags.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18MYtOGGcMrXNHbxDgZYd8J48J6t1s7PX/view?usp=drivesdk

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Unclebumble

Just arrived in Osaka last night.
    What you think chances of getting 2 tickets in Kobe for Russia game are?
    Have there been many people selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Loads of tickets around on the resale Facebook pages

peekachoo wrote: »

Thanks - didn’t see anyone offering Ire V Russia but I’ll keep looking!
    Bloody hell didn’t realise it was going to be so hot - was around Kyoto today and was melting !

Thanks - didn’t see anyone offering Ire V Russia but I’ll keep looking!
    Bloody hell didn’t realise it was going to be so hot - was around Kyoto today and was melting !
    Did you try toutless? Not much use unless seller is also there. There were empty seats and ticket kiosks at both Ireland matches, and also a few guys with unused spares holding them up, risky as reselling is illegal I think. I had 4 for Russia for sale on toutless for over a week, we just done 2 match trip in the end. No takers before I left, but when I put them on WRC ticket site for resale they were accepted and gone in 24 hrs. Find the ticket kiosks on the day. Bound to be seats at face value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

On the way to the airport :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Gotfoodforphil

Any chance of a link or a contact for people who don’t have a Facebook account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Hippo

Boscoirl wrote: »
    On the way to the airport :)

Enjoy the trip! I'm just back, it's a fantastic country

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭hermano

Would it be ambitious to get somewhere to show the Ireland georgia game in fukuoka?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

hermano wrote: »
    Would it be ambitious to get somewhere to show the Ireland georgia game in fukuoka?

There's a chain of pubs called Hub that are British pubs, and there's one in Fukuoka. I'd say they'd show it no bother if nowhere else is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

hermano wrote: »

If you can convince both nations that a friendly is a good idea during the group stages of the competition then getting it televised and shown in a local bar is the least of your worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭limerickabroad

If you can convince both nations that a friendly is a good idea during the group stages of the competition then getting it televised and shown in a local bar is the least of your worries.

I assume this person wants to watch the (crucial) Ireland-Georgia soccer qualifier, no? And to answer the question, the odds of getting to see that in Fukuoka are slim indeed, not least since that game will be on around 4am Japanese time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

I assume this person wants to watch the (crucial) Ireland-Georgia soccer qualifier, no? And to answer the question, the odds of getting to see that in Fukuoka are slim indeed, not least since that game will be on around 4am Japanese time

I think it's on at 11pm Japan time (2pm Irish time), so perfect to wander to a bar after the rugby if it does happen to be on somewhere!

Padkir wrote: »
    I think it's on at 11pm Japan time (2pm Irish time), so perfect to wander to a bar after the rugby if it does happen to be on somewhere!

8 hours ahead, so should be 10 pm kick off. Match will be on RTE player and SKY customer mobile devices, but only in Ireland afaik on player and possibly EU on Sky. If you know how to set up VPN/DNS redirection on your phone/tablet, it's possible to bypass geolocation restrictions, but you need decent data speed. It's possible to set up vpn on your home router also. I watched highlight on rte on player this way. Had I brought the right hdmi cable could have played through hotel tv. The hub pub chain is a good bet for sport. If there's one near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Just arrived in Osaka last night.
    What you think chances of getting 2 tickets in Kobe for Russia game are?
    Have there been many people selling?

Loads around.

• Advertisement

Meeting up with someone to buy paper tickets for Russia game - is there something I should be weary of besides tickets looking like cheap fakes?
    Advise appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Meeting up with someone to buy paper tickets for Russia game - is there something I should be weary of besides tickets looking like cheap fakes?
    Advise appreciated

Might not be much help but if you know someone with genuine tickets for the game, ask then to come with you to compare the ticket you're going to buy maybe? People have been scammed recently by looks of things. https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20190930/p2a/00m/0na/010000c

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I assumed it was pretty obvious that i was joking

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

Heading down to Osaka solo from Tokyo at the minute. Where is everyone heading for pre match beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭millhousegirl

I've been trying to get on the official ticketing website the last day or so but unable to. Has anybody else been having problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

I've been trying to get on the official ticketing website the last day or so but unable to. Has anybody else been having problems?

Haven't tried so far today but have been able to access the site with no problems other than that this week

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Arrived yesterday. Had an absolute disaster with tickets, we bought 2 off friends and they sent the same 2 to other people who were already in. Lovely girl from Clare helped us and we got in eventually. Very expensive to drink in bars but you can cans of 9 percent fruit juice and it's the right job. Only about 150 yen. Next stop Fukuoka

• Registered Users Posts: 66,997 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Brozy wrote: »
    Arrived yesterday. Had an absolute disaster with tickets, we bought 2 off friends and they sent the same 2 to other people who were already in. Lovely girl from Clare helped us and we got in eventually. Very expensive to drink in bars but you can cans of 9 percent fruit juice and it's the right job. Only about 150 yen. Next stop Fukuoka

Fukthelotofthem if that's the case! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Brozy wrote: »

All the way to Japan to drink the Japanese equivalent of Dutch Gold? I’m just back, it wasn’t near as expensive as I thought it would be, after drinking goodo for 11 days, I still changed yen in Hong Kong airport on way back. In HUB bars, drink is pretty reasonable, ironically I found some of the “Irish” bars to be the most expensive. Pint of Heineken is around €7, in some places I paid a tenner.

Street food is amazing, and cheap, you will get a fantastic meal for less than €10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

Dav010 wrote: »
    All the way to Japan to drink the Japanese equivalent of Dutch Gold? I’m just back, it wasn’t near as expensive as I thought it would be, after drinking goodo for 11 days, I still changed yen in Hong Kong airport on way back. In HUB bars, drink is pretty reasonable, ironically I found some of the “Irish” bars to be the most expensive. Pint of Heineken is around €7, in some places I paid a tenner.

Street food is amazing, and cheap, you will get a fantastic meal for less than €10

All the way to Japan to pay ten euro for Heineken?

Advertisement