Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark Olympia 24th October

Options
  • 29-03-2019 11:10am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Bit annoyed with myself that I didnt see any ads or release info about this gig. OMD playing Belfast and Dublin but all the standing tickets are sold out, leaving either upper circle at 42 lids or a vip ticket which allows you into the standing area and you get a load of nonsense (watch the soundcheck, get a tshirt, fancy laminated ticket) for 117 clams or bones or whatever people call them these days.

It reminds me of the poster who said that when Seatwave was closed down, we could expect to see a lot more VIP tickets and other such nonsense.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mikekerry

put an alert on toutless you will usually get someone selling at some stage.
    set it up so you get an alert when a person posts

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

mikekerry wrote: »
    put an alert on toutless you will usually get someone selling at some stage.
    set it up so you get an alert when a person posts

Oh yeah I know but id like to buy the tickets normally as well instead of this mad scramble

Oh yeah I know but id like to buy the tickets normally as well instead of this mad scramble

They went fast allright. Never seen them live before this will be my first time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Still looking for one standing tick, hopefully they will release some more on Ticketmaster in next few weeks?

have you tried toutless?

• Advertisement

mikekerry wrote: »
    have you tried toutless?

Yeah have ad on it, New Order at Trinity was sold out but a week before more tickets became available on Ticketmaster , hoping this will be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Oberkon

If you haven’t already put a search alert on adverts and DoneDeal . I picked up two standing on adverts a couple of minutes after it went up
    Did the same with new order .

Oberkon wrote: »
    If you haven’t already put a search alert on adverts and DoneDeal . I picked up two standing on adverts a couple of minutes after it went up
    Did the same with new order .

Cheers, I never pay over face value ( if they are my tickets I charge less when selling) so would prefer Toutless or Ticketmaster.

Cheers, I never pay over face value ( if they are my tickets I charge less when selling) so would prefer Toutless or Ticketmaster.

Same here , I got mine face value for omd and cheaper for new order . Usually the day before or same day a few come up from people that can’t make it .

Oberkon wrote: »
    Same here , I got mine face value for omd and cheaper for new order . Usually the day before or same day a few come up from people that can’t make it .
    I'll give that a go so cheers

• Advertisement

2 seated ticks for this on Ticketmaster now, I secured a standing ticket on Toutless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Brilliant concert......

What did the £100 vip ticket get you just out of interest..

What did the £100 vip ticket get you just out of interest..

Dancing lessons from Andy.

:D He was very hypnotic!!

Two-leg-Inflatable-Air-Dancer-for-advertising.jpg

Good gig as usual , Andy is the worlds best Dad dancer . ! He must lose a half stone every night . Some energy

Stanlow , Statues and Almost -all good choices making it a bit more interesting .

Would love to have seen Sealand again but was lucky enough to have seen it live in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

What a brilliant gig last night. First time in the Olympia and it is a fantastic venue was standing and the sloping floor and barriers made the viewing experience great

OMD came on at 9pm and played til 10:45 and tore through a great set list some highlights were Joan of Arc, Souvenir, Tesla girls but all tunes were great.

Andy and Paul were having a ball up on stage smiling and high fiving.

My God I thought Dave Gahan was a great front man well he is but Andy is just as good the energy he puts into his performance and his interaction with the crowd ....unreal.

The sound production in the venue was top notch my ears survived

Only gripe and it a tiny one is that Andy's bass guitar volume was a bit low for some songs but it only a small gripe

Glad I went and would deffo go again

40 years and counting ðŸ‘🎵🎶🎶

Forgot to add Andy's "dad dancing" is infectious

Wished also that they played Dresden or If you leave

Great gig though the idiots doo doing and dee deeing along to the keyboard lines was v annoying, the constant clapping along too gets on my wick I go to gigs to hear the vocals and instruments.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is that elephant dub?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Head lining Forever young....would love to see them again but bit pricey ticket wise...

Advertisement