Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deerhunter, Whelan's, 2nd November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Grabbed tickets this morning. More expensive than I thought but I guess you’re paying the extra 10 for the small venue over somewhere like Vicar St where you would expect them to play. Hoping for something special.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Make sure to buy on wav tickets to save a few quid of TM fees:
    http://www.whelanslive.com/index.php/wav-tickets/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Hopefully I will get to see them this time, last two gigs I had tickets to they were both cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Make sure to buy on wav tickets to save a few quid of TM fees:

The mobile site is horrific. Went through TicketGouger to be sure this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'm surprised they are playing in a such relatively tiny venue, but I guess they've become a bit more of an acquired taste as of late.

Got a ticket, looking forward to it.

• Advertisement

Arghus wrote: »
    I'm surprised they are playing in a such relatively tiny venue, but I guess they've become a bit more of an acquired taste as of late.

I think it's more a warm up gig, hence the price. Big venues in UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

Didn’t get to them on time. Kicking myself. Would really appreciate it if anyone’s selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭weser777

Overpriced - I know its in a tiny, more intimate venue, but Whelans can be pretty uncomfortable when its rammed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

weser777 wrote: »
    Overpriced - I know its in a tiny, more intimate venue, but Whelans can be pretty uncomfortable when its rammed

Yeah it's awful when sold out.. Bit better now there is two entrances to main floor

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭IQO

https://twitter.com/aikenpromotions/status/1179709448677396481

Afternoon gig now added on the same day/same venue, tickets on sale from this morning.

• Advertisement

If anyone nabs afternoon tickets, I'll swap my evening tickets for 'em.

And remember that Whelans own site is much cheaper than tm:

Tm fees are €4.40 per ticket, WAV is only 50c

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

'Desire Lines' is an incredible song

Ally Dick wrote: »

That hypnotic outro, wow

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I remember once being so mesmerised by the outro to the song that I literally walked into a wall while out walking and listening to it at the same time.

I felt a bit foolish, but I also thought "cool".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Acosta

Ally Dick wrote: »

And Cox himself has said he had no part in writing it.

Would like to see them again, but the latest album was never going to encourage me to make the trek to Dublin

i've never seen them before so quite excited for this

Acosta wrote: »
    And Cox himself has said he had no part in writing it.

Would like to see them again, but the latest album was never going to encourage me to make the trek to Dublin

he has song writing credits on the song. Any links to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Floody_1987

They played Desire lines during the interval of the A-ha gig last night. Got me nicely in the mood for Saturday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Anyone know what the story is with the matinee show? Tickets still available and Whelans site says 3pm but wondering if that's doors and whether there'll be a support act or what time it would wrap up.

In Dublin for something else on Saturday evening so thought I had no chance to see Deerhunter but the matinee might be an option if I knew it would be over in time to get dinner and get to the later event, which I think is around 7.30/8pm. Cutting it a bit tight I think but just wondering if anyone has ever been to a matinee at Whelans before and what time it finishes, etc.

• Advertisement

Anyone know what the story is with the matinee show? Tickets still available and Whelans site says 3pm but wondering if that's doors and whether there'll be a support act or what time it would wrap up.

In Dublin for something else on Saturday evening so thought I had no chance to see Deerhunter but the matinee might be an option if I knew it would be over in time to get dinner and get to the later event, which I think is around 7.30/8pm. Cutting it a bit tight I think but just wondering if anyone has ever been to a matinee at Whelans before and what time it finishes, etc.

I'd say you'd be alright as I imagine they'll want to clear the venue for the evening gig.

Evening gig probably wont be on til 9, but haven't a clue on the early show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Show at 3.30pm according to this:
    https://allevents.in/dublin/deerhunter-whelans-early-show/200018137695815

Very tempted, didn't realise were playing until I saw this thread. heading to Gerry Cinnamon that evening, might fit in nicely

stage times for
    @DeerhunterMusic
    on Saturday
    @whelanslive

Afternoon Show: doors 3pm / Moon Diagrams 3.30pm / Deerhunter 4.30pm

Late Show: Doors 8pm / Moon Diagrams 8.30pm / Deerhunter 9.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

stage times for
    @DeerhunterMusic
    on Saturday
    @whelanslive

Afternoon Show: doors 3pm / Moon Diagrams 3.30pm / Deerhunter 4.30pm

Late Show: Doors 8pm / Moon Diagrams 8.30pm / Deerhunter 9.30pm

Thanks. I was told also that Moon Diagrams do a 30 minute set, Deerhunter on for 90 minutes

I have a pair of tickets for sale, face value

Brilliant concert - Bradford was in great form. They played all of the classics and nothing ever happened was sensational. I left my body during desire lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kookiemonster

Arghus wrote: »

Well you think Whelan's is small, I seen them in a sixth form (a secondary school) college last night in Birmingham.

Admittingly it was a school with a very good theatre space and about 500 very attentive Deerhunter fans (so probably similar numbers to Whelans?)

Absolutely cracking gig, I had never witnessed them live before, really enjoyed it.

They were supported by Cate Le Bon, who played for about an hour beforehand, had a really strong set also, all in all a cracking night.

Advertisement