Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW8 Captain

• 04-10-2019 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭

currently on Sterling with Salah VC

GW8 Captain 117 votes

Kane (bri)
    62% 73 votes
    Pukki (AVL)
    0% 1 vote
    Salah (LEIC)
    1% 2 votes
    Mane (LEIC)
    2% 3 votes
    Sterling (WOL)
    0% 0 votes
    Aguero (WOL)
    12% 15 votes
    KDB (WOL)
    11% 13 votes
    Abraham (sou)
    0% 1 vote
    PEA (BOU)
    0% 0 votes
    Other (comment below)
    7% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Has to be Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Don't have Sterling.

Aguero if I'm brave enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Aguero or PEA.

As of now it's PEA

• Registered Users Posts: 32,603 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Are many of the Sterling captainers also Aguero owners?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Would've been kdb but is now Sterling

Pukki vc, just because

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

CSF wrote: »
    I am anyway. There's a few decent captain picks this week with P.E.A especially catching my eye but I'm going for Sterling who I think could let loose this weekend.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

CSF wrote: »

I have both and am going with Sterling. Got a bit of a rest midweek so should be fresher and more likely to play. Also with 2 goals in 2 games seems to be back in form after a slight dip.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Aubameyang up against defence with Steve Cook and Diego Rico in it. I'll have some of that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

At the moment I'm TC on Pukki.... He has a habit of scoring in home games and is against a team who have a habit of not keeping clean sheets.

(That's my logic anyway.... Could all go pearshaped but if it comes good .... It should be green arrows for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,195 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Sterling - Mo vice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Would be a lock on Sterling if I had him.
    I'm not sure of Aguero's minutes so I might see if any news pops up in the press conferences and maybe switch between him and Salah

Currently Kun (c) Salah (vice)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Auba

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Mane

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Aubameyang for me.
    Haven't decided on VC yet, I don't have Sterling or Aguero, so either Salah or Pukki (not that it will matter thoug, what are the chances Auba won't play? :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Tristan100

Aubameyang

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Those statistics are a bit all over the place, he has scored 13 goals in his last 8 starts at home against bottom 14 opposition.

These games didn't happen consecutively so the "5 braces in a row" is a bit far fetched... one of those games is this season, the rest are last season.

Liverpool were fortunate last week against sheff utd, they also played European football during the week where they showed they can and do concede goals, vardy has scored a brace last week and is in ok form, it wouldn't surprise me if Leicester were to have a victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Those statistics are a bit all over the place, he has scored 13 goals in his last 8 starts at home against bottom 14 opposition.

These games didn't happen consecutively so the "5 braces in a row" is a bit far fetched... one of those games is this season, the rest are last season.

Liverpool were fortunate last week against sheff utd, they also played European football during the week where they showed they can and do concede goals, vardy has scored a brace last week and is in ok form, it wouldn't surprise me if Leicester were to have a victory.

Also Leictser are not bottom 14 material anymore
    Not even considering mane
    In fact if i don’t make a transfer Soyoncu night sub in and I’m not even scared !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I'm pretending I didn't read the previous couple of posts ;)

Mane for me I think.

Have Aguero but can't risk another week of Pep screwing up my captain pick.

FWIW - I think if Liverpool score early, they could lightly batter Leicester.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,192 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Not sure what any of that has to do with Mane potentially scoring goals? Liverpool conceding goals is immaterial to him as he's not a defender. And he did miss two sitters against Sheff Utd that he would normally score so he'll likely get among the chances again as he does most games.

That said I wouldn't captain him myself but it wouldn't be a shock if he came away with 2 goals against Leicester either.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,852 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Salah.

punish the non-believers.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭HarryStuby

Auba

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭munster87

Auba or Sterling. City could destroy Wolves but I’m leaning towards Auba who should get a return.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Would be Auba if i had him but will settle for Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 17,195 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

All Captain Fails except Tammy & Mane

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

gammygils wrote: »
    All Captain Fails except Tammy & Mane

And no one voted for Mané!

I had a choice of Salah, Sterling and Auba. Glad I didn’t waste time putting too much thought into it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Benimar wrote:
    And no one voted for Mané!

Mane

Of course I bottled it 15 mins before the deadline, didn't I.

Advertisement