Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Has anyone gotten the coach package before? If so, where would you recommend flying to and getting the coach? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Has anyone gotten the coach package before? If so, where would you recommend flying to and getting the coach? Thanks.

I've got it twice, once from Birmingham and once from Cardiff.

For cardiff, I flew into bristol and got the bus to cardiff. direct flights to cardiff were expensive as I'd picked my ticket up in the resale.

And for Birmingham I just flew straight there.

I'd highly recommend the coach. There are some draw back re the amount of stuff you can carry but it's a small trade off considering you've a great chance of securing your ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

ryaner777 wrote: »
    I've got it twice, once from Birmingham and once from Cardiff.

For cardiff, I flew into bristol and got the bus to cardiff. direct flights to cardiff were expensive as I'd picked my ticket up in the resale.

Any reason for not getting the coach from Bristol? Is it more in demand for those flying in as one of the closest coach points?

dam099 wrote: »
    Any reason for not getting the coach from Bristol? Is it more in demand for those flying in as one of the closest coach points?

Just couldn't get through to get Bristol tickets during the resale. Got through to Cardiff so took the tickets, didn't want to risk not going.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

dam099 wrote: »

Its sells out very quickly people just take what they can get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

I saw on the Glasto ticket info page that debit cards are UK only. Has anyone on here paid with a visa debit before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

mossy464 wrote: »
    I saw on the Glasto ticket info page that debit cards are UK only. Has anyone on here paid with a visa debit before?

You'll need a credit card paying from Ireland. Doesn't work with visa debit for some insane reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

EyesClosed wrote: »
    mossy464 wrote: »

You'll need a credit card paying from Ireland. Doesn't work with visa debit for some insane reason.

Yup you can’t even use a uk registered visa debit card (Revolut) if you have set your postal address to anywhere outside the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Yup you can’t even use a uk registered visa debit card (Revolut) if you have set your postal address to anywhere outside the UK

Wow thats a load of bollox!!

Thank Christ i noticed this before trying to get the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Ah ****. Any point even bothering now......

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »

Yes....just get or borrow a credit card

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Only one of our party have a credit card:pac::pac: well i do but its maxed out

hynesie08 wrote: »

Honestly, if thats the attitude you're approaching this with I don't think it's for you.

Some people have to go to extreme lengths to be there because they know it's worth it.

The planning involved is crazy but you do it every year just to get a ticket.

Only one of our party have a credit card:pac::pac: well i do but its maxed out

Do they trust you all enough to share their card details with you ??

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

18 of us are trying this year. Have the group spreadsheet printed off, credit card numbers borrowed, everyone (hopefully) knows what they're supposed to be doing. Major organisation but 100% worth it.
    To say I'm nervous would be an understatement. Was lucky enough to get tickets for 2017 but not for this year unfortunately. Roll on sunday at 9am!!

dmm82 wrote: »
    18 of us are trying this year. Have the group spreadsheet printed off, credit card numbers borrowed, everyone (hopefully) knows what they're supposed to be doing. Major organisation but 100% worth it.
    To say I'm nervous would be an understatement. Was lucky enough to get tickets for 2017 but not for this year unfortunately. Roll on sunday at 9am!!

Would you not double your chances and try for coach tomorrow as well?

Extra 7,000 coach tickets going on sale this year

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Would you not double your chances and try for coach tomorrow as well?

Extra 7,000 coach tickets going on sale this year

Myself and a few others in the group will be going over in campers or driving over so the coach wouldnt suit us really. But hoping having so many of us trying will get us through

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Coach is easy peasy for the in and out merchants. For the rest of us its a mare and the added complexity ain't worth it. I've done the coach and whilst any ticket is a good ticket, the general sale is a million 'king miles better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

Not really prepared yet with plan for this - is there any chance of getting them at all if don't get them on Sunday?

showpony1 wrote: »
    Not really prepared yet with plan for this - is there any chance of getting them at all if don't get them on Sunday?

there is a resale later on in the year......I have never tried it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

What is the story with the coach for the coach tickets? On the Glastonbury site it mentions certain cities for the coach e.g.Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester etc.

Is it a particular pickup point in each city?
    Is there a list of departure coach times for each city?
    Also do you need to select your pickup time also? Or can u jump on a coach at any time from the city you selected?

Thanks in advance

Any tips in terms of going with coach tickets?(i.e. which City to select if possible etc)

showpony1 wrote: »

Yeah I've got resale tickets 3-4 times. Getting more difficult though. Less people sending tickets back.
    What is the story with the coach for the coach tickets? On the Glastonbury site it mentions certain cities for the coach e.g.Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester etc.

Is it a particular pickup point in each city?
    Is there a list of departure coach times for each city?
    Also do you need to select your pickup time also? Or can u jump on a coach at any time from the city you selected?

Thanks in advance

Any tips in terms of going with coach tickets?(i.e. which City to select if possible etc)

Yeah theres a pick up point for each city.

London and Bristol have coach times, everywhere else you've to wait until May.

Pickup time as in leaving? Its a bit of a free for all. First come first served.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

declanleo wrote: »
    My mate arrived with a 2 gallon bottle. So cold but the best thing ever.

I've used solar showers for my last two Glasto. Water heats up with a small bit of sunshine, they're inexpensive (roughly €20)and you just need somewhere to hang it (or a pal to hold it) and you're sorted out for the day.

I shower at the Picnic every day. I've been going to Glasto for thirty years and never used the very few showers that are set up there. Between the walk there and back, plus the queue, you're taking three hours out of every day. My advice is to have an alternative plan.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I think were due a female headliner and Emily will want one to be female for the 50th I reckon.

Fleetwood Mac are effectively half female (not counting the two new guys).

Zardoz wrote: »
    No chance would he play the Legends slot ,Paul would be a headliner.

That makes sense given his stature but the Legends slot these days draws a bigger crowd than the headliners. Little opposition on other stages at that time on Sun afternoon. In thirty years I've never seen as big a crowd as at the Dolly Parton slot.

Even the Stones, REM, Beyonce, etc had space to the front far left and right of the main stage. Not for Dolly. Kylie seems to have repeated that crowd this year.

EyesClosed wrote: »
    there is a resale later on in the year......I have never tried it though

It's pretty hopeless. Too few tickets for resale to too many people.

If unlucky on Sunday then make alternative plans for late June and start preparing for the Glasto 2021 sale.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Between the walk there and back, plus the queue, you're taking three hours out of every day. My advice is to have an alternative plan.

07BUCKET2-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

R u better choosing outside London for coach and ticket package?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,148 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Take whatever you can get but aim for Wednesday. Bristol is probably easiest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Right, We have eight of us registered and have all shared our ref nums via whatsapp group. We're going to try for Cardiff or Bristol coach first and then take anything if its available after that.

I presume its similar to planning for Rock Werchter or another European festival. Bring your camping gear with you or purchase in the city you are getting the coach from. Where would people usually stock up on supplies (alcohol etc). Is there a dreaded walk from coach parking to camping? I've no problems lugging all my stuff but just curious as I've never been.

Advertisement