Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Citizens information information officer application

• 24-09-2019 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey there, I'm in the process of applying for the information officer position with citizens information. Does anyone have any tips for the interview/application process?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

Hey there, I'm in the process of applying for the information officer position with citizens information. Does anyone have any tips for the interview/application process?
    Thanks

No tips but I've also applied. Haven't heard anything back yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Anonymous112

No tips but I've also applied. Haven't heard anything back yet

Me either, I think interviews are between middle and end of October so there's still hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

Anyone here anything yet? Ive applied and have heard nothing back

• Registered Users Posts: 5 redone1982

Hi, I've heard nothing re: IO position either. I applied for the development manager position as well (chancing my arm) and got a letter back the week after about that one.

Its strange, if you call gilligan black they tell you they've no idea whats going on as they were just collecting the applications, but yet their response email on receipt of application tells you they're collating them.... if I didn't get through I'd like to know where I fell down....I spend days making sure my application was to every specification, word count after word count I did 😵

• Advertisement

Me too. I was thinking about contacting the regional manager who sent me letter re: dev manager position..or would that be cheeky? I thought I had fecked myself by applying for both positions but maybe its not dead yet?

I was trying to find a central office number and try find out from there, there could have just been so many applications that its been delayed...well I hope.... but it would be nice to hear something either way

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Demeter11

That is strange. I know a person that was called for an interview this week so I assumed that they just didn't chose me although I also felt I wrote it well.

Ah if someone has been called they must have chosen their people for interview so. Very disappointing.

I'm disappointed I never heard if they have already selected those for interview, I felt my application was good, it would be nice to know where I fell down for further applications ... but best of luck to those who were selected

• Advertisement

Just got letter in post saying I wasn't called for interview. Very disappointed now to be honest-Have read over my application and really thought I did a good job. Best of luck to anyone who got an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Demeter11

I didn't even get a letter. To be honest, I really think this is all too strange.

Demeter11 wrote: »
    I didn't even get a letter. To be honest, I really think this is all too strange.

My friend received a thanks but no thanks letter today for south Leinster, she's applied for a number of locations and has been informed that each region is looking after their own applications so depending on where you applied the duration for finding out may be longer due to the amount of applications different regions received.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Da Optimist

I applied for Information Officer in North Munster and South Leinster Citizens Information Service. I got called to both for interview. One was in Tipperary last week and today was South Leinster. The process is concluding tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AnonKitty

I was told that the shortlisting process hasn't even started for North Dublin due to the high volume of applications and that interviews are expected to take place second week of Nov. I've not received a regret nor have I received an interview invite. Has anyone been called for North Dub?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gorry

Hi guys, I don’t know what is going on with this recruitment process. I did an interview two weeks ago and haven’t heard anything back at all. Does anyone know if job offers have been made to any candidates, or are they waiting for all interviews to be completed and finalised in all regions before they contact anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Da Optimist

Gorry wrote: »
    Hi guys, I don’t know what is going on with this recruitment process. I did an interview two weeks ago and haven’t heard anything back at all. Does anyone know if job offers have been made to any candidates, or are they waiting for all interviews to be completed and finalised in all regions before they contact anyone.

I never heard back from my interview either. No idea what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lauravghn

Hi Gorry,

Do you know what kind of questions might come up at interview? Ive applied for the information officer job.

Thanks,

Laura

Advertisement