Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottle of whiskey for birthday

Options
  • 30-08-2019 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

Hi guys looking for recommendations for a bottle of whiskey around the 50 euro mark(slightly over isn't an issue either), its a birthday gift, and wouldn't know a lot about them myself. Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

All in and around your asking price. I think it's worth going with a €60 over a €50 price point.

Powers John's Lane Release 12 Year Old

Nikka From The Barrel

Redbreast 12 Year Old Single Pot Still

Green Spot Single Pot Still

Tullamore Dew XO Carribean Rum Cask Finish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Effects wrote: »
    All in and around your asking price. I think it's worth going with a €60 over a €50 price point.

Powers John's Lane Release 12 Year Old

Nikka From The Barrel

Redbreast 12 Year Old Single Pot Still

Green Spot Single Pot Still

Tullamore Dew XO Carribean Rum Cask Finish

Are these available in all stores (dunnes,Tesco's, O'Brien's) or are they only available in certain places?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The Powers, Redbreast and Green Spot are widely available; any larger Tesco or Dunnes will have 2 or 3 of them. The other two should be in a bigger O'Briens I'd guess, phone ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Priced up Red breast , 63.50 in dunnes so 53.50 with the voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 2 caranown

Glendfiddich or Chivas

• Advertisement
Advertisement