Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London Question-

• 29-09-2019 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Have to go to London for work next week. Flying into Gatwick and have to go to near the US Embassy in Vauxhall. I've checked Rome2Rio and seen the various options. Best/quickest seems to be Southern from Gatwick to Vauxhall station. It gives the online fare of £33 return but also says the same journey would be £17 with Oyster or contactless.

Just wondering is this £17 Oyster/contactless fare simply tap and go like Dart etc here, or do I have to select a specific ticket?

Apologies if this is the wrong forum!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Have to go to London for work next week. Flying into Gatwick and have to go to near the US Embassy in Vauxhall. I've checked Rome2Rio and seen the various options. Best/quickest seems to be Southern from Gatwick to Vauxhall station. It gives the online fare of £33 return but also says the same journey would be £17 with Oyster or contactless.

Just wondering is this £17 Oyster/contactless fare simply tap and go like Dart etc here, or do I have to select a specific ticket?

Apologies if this is the wrong forum!

Just tap your card as if you were doing it on the Luas here, dont forget to tap off also

And make sure you use the same card for both and ot like the physical card to tap on and google pay to tap off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Dont use the Gatwick Express! Much more expensive and of basically no benefit. Get a Southern in the direction of London Victoria, get out at Clapham Junction and get a train in the direction of London Waterloo to Vauxhall.

Clapham Junction is massive but there are piles of trains in that direction so just find one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

Download citymapper, its a great app for getting around London and into/from London

Advertisement