Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii Remote lights not working.

Options
  • 27-09-2019 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

I've got a Wii which I have just started to use again after having it sit in the attic for 5 years,one of the Wii remote's lights are not working properly. After charging the remote fully,the lights are visible but are dim and after a while the lights don't light up at all. Any idea as to what could be causing the issue?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Any idea as to what could be causing the issue?

Well I'm not a Wii technician but maybe it was caused by being left in an attic for 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've got a Wii which I have just started to use again after having it sit in the attic for 5 years,one of the Wii remote's lights are not working properly. After charging the remote fully,the lights are visible but are dim and after a while the lights don't light up at all. Any idea as to what could be causing the issue?
    Does it have a rechargeable battery pack in it? If so, chances are that's no longer holding charge... Try with two fresh AA batteries, see how it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Cool2015

Rob2D wrote:
    Well I'm not a Wii technician but maybe it was caused by being left in an attic for 5 years.

I don't think so as it was packed in its box and I took the batteries out of the Wii remotes.

Star Lord wrote:
    Does it have a rechargeable battery pack in it? If so, chances are that's no longer holding charge... Try with two fresh AA batteries, see how it does.

I have a different type of charging dock for my Wii,the batteries used for the dock are AAA's. I was using the original ten year old batteries earlier that I bought when I got my Wii and today I've purchased new batteries, immediately I've noticed that while charging the charger doesn't flash it's lights like it used too with one of the remotes,which means the new batteries are better. The lights still don't turn on in one of the remotes. When I put in a fresh set of AA's the lights light up on the remote that the lights don't light up on with AAA's but the lights are still faint.

I've also resynched the remotes. I don't mind the lights not working but the real pain in the neck is having the one Wii remote cutting out during gameplay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

I've also resynched the remotes. I don't mind the lights not working but the real pain in the neck is having the one Wii remote cutting out during gameplay.

Try a recharge and swap the batteries around to see if they are the issue. Likely the batteries need replacement

2 new sets of AA would also be worth trying

Also look at the battery terminal s in the remote maybe they a little corroded after the five years

Seen your posts so I'd look at the terminals so

Try a recharge and swap the batteries around to see if they are the issue. Likely the batteries need replacement

2 new sets of AA would also be worth trying

Also look at the battery terminal s in the remote maybe they a little corroded after the five years

Seen your posts so I'd look at the terminals so

The terminals look clean and I have changed the batteries to new AAA's, waiting for them to charge up.The charging is noticeably different so it was probably the old batteries causing an issue.Once they're fully charged,I'll find out if the lights turn on or not.With a fresh set of AA's,I still get faint lights in one of the Wii remotes.

Advertisement