Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else fed up of dating apps?

Options
  • 28-09-2019 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I've been on and off dating apps the past few years and pretty much sick of them at this stage. One reason is the amount of chatting for a meagre return and another is that the majority on dating apps are in Dublin (naturally as it's the most densley populated part of the country), and I'm ages away from 'Dooublan'.

There's only every about five 'wans' online at anyone time in my area, so not much to choose from ha. What are your thoughts or dating apps or what what's been your experience with them? Positive? Negative? A mxied bag?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Dating apps are ****e. I’m on them all and it’s just endless first dates that lead to nothing.

Real life meetings seems to lead to more than just one date.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,357 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

As an unattractive man I would say they are a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Amazing looking women on them and they up their own holes

Amazing looking women on a dating app = bat sh1te crazy

I feel ur pain op

All the “ any genuine men here “ headlines and in reality they after a geordie shore reject

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    Dating apps are ****e. I’m on them all and it’s just endless first dates that lead to nothing.

Real life meetings seems to lead to more than just one date.

People have to many options and they always think the next date will be better etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I just ask out everyone who thanks my posts on boards and seems female and intelligent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,829 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m male in a relationship now but when I DID use Tinder I had no issue getting matches for the most part but only about a third were interested in having a conversation or getting to know you, the second third would just mostly give you 3 word answers.. “ yeah good thanks, u ?” and other third wouldn’t reply at all....

A friend of mine, similar situation and he’s a stallion of human hunkness apparently... and somewhat charming with it is of the view that there is a seam of modern femininity that the app for that element is all about the self gratification, and ego boot of getting ‘matched’..anything more substantial is not really important.. he had plenty of dates too where the ‘effort’ as in choosing a movie and super upmarket restaurant was rewarded with three days of virtual silence until Thursday and the txt...” sorry I’ve been quiet, busy week, are we going out the weekend?”..

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Does everyone wait for Bertie to post second on new threads or what's the craic? Is it in some charter somewhere?

He deleted his post🀣🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Ficheall wrote: »
    I just ask out everyone who thanks my posts on boards and seems female and intelligent.

I was tempted to rereg with a name like Stupid Man and thank your post but I couldn't be arsed. This is easier.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

I've generally had more success in other countries. I don't know if that's because I'm foreign there (which adds a little air of exoticism), or if Irish women are bloody impossible, but I have my suspicions.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭alswearengen

I got a prompt from the app offering me to become a "Top Pick" for a period of three hours, for the bargain price of 45 euro!!!

I can just as easily get no matches for free.

I got a prompt from the app offering me to become a "Top Pick" for a period of three hours, for the bargain price of 45 euro!!!

I can just as easily get no matches for free.

Great value, for 45 euro you can match with a slightly better looking personality void ? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hank scorpio89

Only signed up for tinder today and you now have to pay too see who likes you ..yeah good luck with that .deleted it already

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

They're a complete waste of time.
    No problem getting matches but most girls are not interested in having a conversation or even meeting for a date. Can't stand the ghosting culture either.

awesome-tinder-profiles-84-5c4f1908317bf__605.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,395 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Strumms wrote: »
    awesome-tinder-profiles-84-5c4f1908317bf__605.jpg

When's your first date?

When's your first date?

Now, so fûck off and stop interrupting me, we are busy..... looking for her teeth !

Now, so fûck off and stop interrupting me, we are busy..... looking for her teeth !

Check the dog and good luck, I'm sure you'll make a lovely couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

How was the rimming?

How was the rimming?

Well I didn’t hear you complain :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

When's your first date?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Forget dating apps. Go on to adverts.ie and search for used wedding dresses.

Most will be from divorced women.

And from there you can sort by size

GiftofGab wrote: »
    They're a complete waste of time.
    No problem getting matches but most girls are not interested in having a conversation or even meeting for a date. Can't stand the ghosting culture either.

Proper cnuts to be honest

Forget dating apps. Go on to adverts.ie and search for used wedding dresses.

Most will be from divorced women.

And from there you can sort by size

If you research when the dress was in fashion, you could sort by age too with variable degrees of accuracy.

• Site Banned Posts: 17 PennyWiseClown

I tend to get banned from most of them, must be all the dick pics I send ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

If you are good at real life dating you will be good at online dating.

If you know your league you will be good at online dating.

Just because you have a keyboard and a witty subject line doesn’t mean some model is going to fall for your charms. She still has to be seen in public with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

While I've had a couple of short term relationships from them, in the grand scheme of things it's mostly fellas who are time wasters with little to no intention of making any real effort to go on a date.

Also have had some horrible experiences with fellas I did go on first dates with (if you can even call them that).

Given most here in Cork are well settled it's very hard to meet people out and about but deleted the apps a few months ago and happy to stay away from them for the the time being, for my own sanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Never used them as I'm quite a good liar in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,026 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I've decided to devote my time to collecting all the free ipads and iPhones I have won before turning my attention to all the hot singles in my area that want to bang me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

BDI wrote: »
    If you are good at real life dating you will be good at online dating.

If you know your league you will be good at online dating.

Just because you have a keyboard and a witty subject line doesn’t mean some model is going to fall for your charms. She still has to be seen in public with you.

I find it way harder to keep a conversation alive on those apps than in real life or even get a response. Even if you do get a good conversation you're subjected to a lengthy vetting process where you convince them you're not a serial killer before you go on a date.

Advertisement