Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stars

Options
  • 19-08-2019 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Canadian band Stars just announced an extra 11pm gig at the Workmans after there earlier announced gig on Friday Sept 27th. They also play the Roisin Dubh on the Saturday.

All three gigs are well worth your €17.50! I do worry that this maybe their last visit tho….

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

We're the only one to get a second show so far so we must have some sort of fan base for them. If the second show was going to be different material I'd totally get tickets for both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The Canadians sure have produced some top quality over the years: Stars, Metric & Arcade Fire.
    Tonnes more when looking at the 70's to 80s. Perhaps Stars are one of the most underestimated in recent years.

Then on the other hand, there is a some bloke called drake,
    who is banned from generating any unsavory ohms or wattage into my full-range (35hz+) quadraphonics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

The Canadians sure have produced some top quality over the years:

RUSH .... the pinnacle of Canada's output. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Forster

Broken Social Scene too - so disappointed to miss them last week!

Forster wrote: »
    Broken Social Scene too - so disappointed to miss them last week!

The gig was cancelled.. unless that is what you meant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Forster

Yep - thats what i meant . Saw them live before and they were excellent. Hoping they will come back when health situation improves

I was at the first gig which was great. How was the second? I got the feeling from them shilling it pretty hard that it didn't sell as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Jizique

Toast wrote: »
    I was at the first gig which was great. How was the second? I got the feeling from them shilling it pretty hard that it didn't sell as good.

First was excellent, they seemed to really enjoy it too

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

second gig wasn't sold out but everyone seemed giddier (ok more drunk) so it was also great fun. thought the two encores would be completely different but there was some crossover....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Jizique

roll wrote: »
    second gig wasn't sold out but everyone seemed giddier (ok more drunk) so it was also great fun. thought the two encores would be completely different but there was some crossover....

Did they kick everyone out after the first or could one stay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

you had to go to the upstairs bar-but then they re-opened the downstairs bar for those with tickets.... was quite comfortable really

Advertisement