Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Iron maiden an evening with Bruce Dickinson

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭yknaa

Wonder how tickets are moving for this. Bit steep at €40 a pop! Hope it is a good night for anyone heading along

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

yknaa wrote: »
    Wonder how tickets are moving for this. Bit steep at €40 a pop! Hope it is a good night for anyone heading along

Seems to be selling pretty well, current availble tickets are in block C which is back right.

I have some I think front row tickets, so im excited, I really enjoyed his book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Seems to be selling pretty well, current availble tickets are in block C which is back right.

I have some I think front row tickets, so im excited, I really enjoyed his book.

I’m a big Maiden fan but always actually disappointed with the book. A lot of the Maiden stuff we’ve heard before (how many times have we heard the story about the mechanic bill being £666 during the recording of TNOTB?). And the thing I was interested in reading about the most, him and Adrian rejoining the band was skipped over in about 3 lines.

But I’d say the evening will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I’m a big Maiden fan but always actually disappointed with the book. A lot of the Maiden stuff we’ve heard before (how many times have we heard the story about the mechanic bill being £666 during the recording of TNOTB?). And the thing I was interested in reading about the most, him and Adrian rejoining the band was skipped over in about 3 lines.

But I’d say the evening will be good.

Am I having DeJaVu, or did you post something like this couple of weeks/months back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Am I having DeJaVu, or did you post something like this couple of weeks/months back?

Probably did. I think there’s another thread about this gig somewhere. Or it could be in the Maiden thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bombaby1974

trey99 wrote: »
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/an-evening-with-bruce-dickinson-what-does-this-button-do-tickets-62358494937

This will be a great night, anybody else going? Would be a good chance to meet Bruce and I was going to arrange a get together and Bruce could pop in before hand. I have mentioned it on the fan club and people so far have met him with these meet ups.

That sounds like a smashing idea. I've a couple of friends travelling from England for this. What a bonus that would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭trey99

That sounds like a smashing idea. I've a couple of friends travelling from England for this. What a bonus that would be.
    Awesome, I'll let you know details closer to the date. I got in contact with the stadium to so that their agents can Inform Bruce's management company.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭trey99

EyesClosed wrote: »

I'm in block K, the only seats left are the ones at the back, all the seats on the floor, right and left hand side are pretty much gone, however, there is no seating plan anymore, there is just a general admission so I think they have changed it to a first come first serve basis for seats. So if you get there early you can sit where you like. Last time I checked before it went general admission there was only seats available at the back pretty much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

There is no way they would sell tickets with block, row and seat numbers and then change it to unreserved seating.
    The website automatically selects and assigns a seat number from the seating options left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Any parking near the national stadium?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I don't listen to dad metal but his son was a good singer, I saw his former band 8 years ago and didn't even realise he was his son. Last time i checked he is in a new soft rock band whereas Rise to Remain were metal core.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

I don't listen to dad metal but his son was a good singer, I saw his former band 8 years ago and didn't even realise he was his son. Last time i checked he is in a new soft rock band whereas Rise to Remain were metal core.

Cool story bro

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Purpleone

trey99 wrote: »
    Awesome, I'll let you know details closer to the date. I got in contact with the stadium to so that their agents can Inform Bruce's management company.

Is the meet up still going ahead? I’m travelling up with my young fella & would love to go along

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Purpleone wrote: »
    Is the meet up still going ahead? I’m travelling up with my young fella & would love to go along

Going by people on the Maiden forum there isn't a chance you'll get to meet him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Reading the posts above about the seating. I got 3 seats the day it went on sale. Someone else is looking to come along now and the website is only selling unreserved seats.

Is it going to be first come first served? I'll be a bit pissed if it is, even though it'll mean the 4th person will be able to sit with us.

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Reading the posts above about the seating. I got 3 seats the day it went on sale. Someone else is looking to come along now and the website is only selling unreserved seats.

Is it going to be first come first served? I'll be a bit pissed if it is, even though it'll mean the 4th person will be able to sit with us.

Why would they change it to all unreserved when people already have tickets with seats on them? Think about the total and utter nightmare that would cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

ozzy jr wrote: »

I would imagine they have an unreserved section near the back or on a balcony or such, much like the Olympia. Would make no sense to sell half the tickets reserved and then just abandon the whole thing. I have front row tickets anyway and if there's someone in them I'll be telling them to shift out of my seat :pac:

grimm2005 wrote: »
    I would imagine they have an unreserved section near the back or on a balcony or such, much like the Olympia. Would make no sense to sell half the tickets reserved and then just abandon the whole thing. I have front row tickets anyway and if there's someone in them I'll be telling them to shift out of my seat :pac:

You'll be like milton

Advertisement