Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prodigal Son - US-Pace- FOX (**Spoilers**)

Options
  • 26-05-2019 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭

some pilot ep spoilers in this
    A fresh take on a crime franchise with a provocative and outrageous lead character and a darkly comedic tone. Malcolm Bright knows how killers think. Why? His father was one of the best, a notorious serial killer called “The Surgeon.” That’s why Bright is the best criminal psychologist around; murder is the family business. He uses his twisted genius to help the NYPD solve crimes, while dealing with a somewhat manipulative mother, an annoyingly normal sister, a homicidal father still looking to bond with his prodigal son and his own constantly evolving neuroses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,289 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A bit of over acting from Michael Sheen as a serial killer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

That looks fun hope it gets shown on tv here.

First look... Yes Michael Sheen will be overacting, However having Bellamy Young in it will make up for that.

Is that girl the one from The Orville that had to leave because of her relationship with Seth MacFarlane?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Halston Sage, yep.

Looks like a good show. I'd put money on a prison break sometime in season 1. :)

• Advertisement

Thanks for that I was thrown because she looks very young in that trailer the make up she wore on the Orville made me think she was a lot older.

Starts next Monday

It was an ok pilot episode looks like it's going to be a by the numbers series I will give it a couple more to find its feet and see how it goes from there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

It was an ok pilot episode looks like it's going to be a by the numbers series I will give it a couple more to find its feet and see how it goes from there.
    I agree and I think the chaotic psychotic relationship will obviously be key thing how they evolve it in my book. I can see it go a season or two but they'll really need to work on the meta story to go beyond that.

I did not think it was great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,026 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So do we think it is mother or sister?

Michael Sheen and Bellamy Young are great, kinda young though to be the lead's parents

Reminded me of Hannibal and The Following

• Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So do we think it is mother or sister?

Michael Sheen and Bellamy Young are great, kinda young though to be the lead's parents

Reminded me of Hannibal and The Following

going from the trailer for the season , I have a feeling
    the son was the killer but obviously doesn't remember it and the father decided to take the blame with the mother in the know.

Yeah the age difference between the actors is crazy.

Kids

Tom Payne - 36 years
    Halston Sage - 26 years

Parents

Michael Sheen - 50 years
    Bellamy Young -49 Years

It's not as bad as Blue Bloods though. Tom Selleck(74) plays son to Len Cariou(79)

Yeah the age difference between the actors is crazy.

Kids

Tom Payne - 36 years
    Halston Sage - 26 years

Parents

Michael Sheen - 50 years
    Bellamy Young -49 Years

It's not as bad as Blue Bloods though. Tom Selleck(74) plays son to Len Cariou(79)

:eek:

Episode two opened up the characters a bit more however it is still going by the numbers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

going from the trailer for the season , I have a feeling
    the son was the killer but obviously doesn't remember it and the father decided to take the blame with the mother in the know.
    Well if episode two is anything to go by
    the mother was most likely the main person killing or an accomplice at least helping the father hide it all to ensure she had a good life for her family. I'd not be surprised if it turns into the father being the minor baddy taking the fall on behalf of the wife as he was under her control rather than the other way around.
    That could of course be the intention as well to make some other twist appear later.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Got through episode 2 and agree, very much colours by numbers. That said don't know how long Michael Sheen cameos can hold the attention. One more just to see for me.

Has been given a full season order of 22 episodes

Has been given a full season order of 22 episodes

I think it might be better as 13 episode season show

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think it might be better as 13 episode season show

Yeah 22 episodes is too much in this day and age. Shorter seasons work better as it means less filler

Well damn that is one hell of a way to end a season finale.

It probably won't be renewed now.

• Advertisement

I just finished this today. Some ho-hum episodes, but the main mystery (anything involving Sheen) was great.

Unreal ending too. A real jaw dropper.

I hope it is renewed. I'd love to see where the story goes from here.

Good after that cliffhanger ending there needed to be a second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭brian_t

That looks fun hope it gets shown on tv here.

Coming to Sky One this month. Glad to see RTE got there first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,847 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This is on sky one at the minute....it....is....bonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

It actually started a good few weeks ago on RTE too. I watched the pilot. As much as I enjoy Michael Sheen, this just made me miss Hannibal all the more. I'll hold back the scathing comments and just say that it wasn't for me....

Mod: Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

watching it at RTE pace, I like it that the are showing 2 episodes every week when its a long season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Just finished it there... Eeeek :eek:

Advertisement