Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Die Hard.... reboot!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

Please God and all his holy angels, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,847 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

PG Die Hard? , yippee ki yay, you meanie!

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Urquell

This stops when we as a cinema going audience decides it stops....by not paying money to go see it.

There needs to be a string of reboots and remakes that lose a ton of money before they back off

I wouldn't even illegaly stream this one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

silverharp wrote: »

I once watched it in ITV, was dubbed 'yuppie ki yay Kimosabe', like WTF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I once watched it in ITV, was dubbed 'yuppie ki yay Kimosabe', like WTF

"I've had it with these monkey-fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane!"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

ITV were always great doing this (And still heavily cut movies. Return of the King was on last night and there was a load cut)

I think it was Yipee Ki Yay Mother Funster on ITV? and on Lethal Weapon: That's a real badge, I'm a real cop and this is a real firing gun.

yeah now you mention it I remember watching T2 on ITV before and half the film was cut

• Registered Users Posts: 17,847 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I can see it now, while it will still star the character of John McClane he will team up with a 12 year old girl who was there doing “science” or “computers” where she will save John on several occasion because he doesn’t know computers and she will even get the drop on Hans with her junior judo skills.
    Are Disney hiring?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Don't you mean Joan McLane.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Urquell wrote: »
    This stops when we as a cinema going audience decides it stops....by not paying money to go see it.

There needs to be a string of reboots and remakes that lose a ton of money before they back off

It makes no difference if you don't go, there's millions in their new biggest market China who love these crappy reboots

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

They should get Steve Segal to play both John Mcclane and Hans Gruber..... and maybe Holly too... would be a bold and correct choice !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

They should get Steve Segal to play both John Mcclane and Hans Gruber..... and maybe Holly too... would be a bold and correct choice !

It'll be the Rock, he's in everything these days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

I'm hoping that they're looking at this being something for Disney+ streaming. I wouldn't mind that. If they set it in the past & the kid grows up to be Bruce Willis over a number of seasons, but a straight reboot? No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Lol.... Nice source.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 200 ✭✭Uncle Charlie

They need to bring back John McTiernan hes the only director who knows how to make a good Die Hard film.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

silverharp wrote: »

John Woke McClane

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,286 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

what can you expect from a pig but a grunt..

hollywood has grown fat from the mindless churned out marvel and dc universe crap... it's realised that the masses are moronic and have no interest in stories or plots..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

No worse than any of the movies since 3

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

With star character, Jenny maclain, formally john maclain!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Only Joseph Gordon Levitt has my blessing to play John McClane.

Some young buck with no forehead has no business being considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

"I've had it with these monkey-fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane!"

:pac:

this is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Dades wrote: »
    Only Joseph Gordon Levitt has my blessing to play John McClane.

Some young buck with no forehead has no business being considered.

we'll probably get someone like Zachary Levi, and they'll lean too hard into the comedy aspect of it.
    I cant think of who I'd go with though, it shouldnt be someone who's physically ripped, needs to be an ordinary guy who's a believable but likeable a-hole, Will Arnett maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭El Duda

OU812 wrote: »
    I'm hoping that they're looking at this being something for Disney+ streaming. I wouldn't mind that. If they set it in the past & the kid grows up to be Bruce Willis over a number of seasons.

Somehow you've managed to come up with an even worse idea than just a straight remake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

They need to bring back John McTiernan hes the only director who knows how to make a good Die Hard film.
    I believe he is blacklisted in Hollywood these days. Did some time in prison for paying to have a movie producer's phone tapped illegally. The case dragged on for nearly a decade before he was convicted and he made a lot of enemies in that time. He hasn't directed a movie since 2006.
    It's a shame as Die Hard and Predator are two of my favourite movies and Die Hard 3 is brilliant too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,829 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ignoring the film itself for now, but what younger action stars do we have these days?
    Seems what few action movies we have are headlined by the likes of Dwayne Johnson, Tom Cruise, Vin Diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    yeah now you mention it I remember watching T2 on ITV before and half the film was cut
    I saw Jaws on ITV once. It's about some guys who go fishing and don't catch anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Reboots.... film is as good as dead as far as ideas go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

El Duda wrote: »
    Somehow you've managed to come up with an even worse idea than just a straight remake.

I vehemently disagree.

If they do it that way we get to see the early John McClane and everything that got him to Nakatomi Tower.

If they do it the other way we get watered down “hip” versions of the movies.

A police procedural set in the 70s & 80s NYC could be brilliant & we still get to keep the classics as is.

I know what I’d prefer.

For the record - the Die Hard series is Die Hard 1-3 & 16 Blocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Absolutely pointless reboot.

One against many movies exist aplenty, so why bother branding it with the Die Hard name, I don't think it's going to boost profitability - Die Hard is what it is because Bruce Willis made it so, and even that star faded in later instalments, so don't see how a new face can bring it back.

Advertisement