Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Didn't Mullins start one of the games this year? Think it might have been Armagh

No. He was brought in after the U-20. He made the bench for the Meath game. Conroy was brought in after that and interestingly enough despite not been named in the 26 was togged and took part in the warm-up v Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

No. He was brought in after the U-20. He made the bench for the Meath game. Conroy was brought in after that and interestingly enough despite not been named in the 26 was togged and took part in the warm-up v Donegal

Thanks, I was thinking of Murray

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Not around this weekend so I'll hopefully catch up on tomorrow's fare on Mayo GAA TV.

Hoping one of our regulars can throw up a few match reports with news of some promising new players and and still up for it stalwarts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

anyone got a final score on the Ballintubber game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Blackjack

anyone got a final score on the Ballintubber game?

1-12 to 1-9 to Tubber.
    Cillian scored 1-6 for Tubber, Ryan o’Donoghue And Gary Boylan getting 1:01 and 0:04 respectively

• Advertisement

Breaffy-Ballina gone to extra time

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Tried to watch it on the Mayo GAA TV but they’re charging €5 to watch now.

When did that start?

Ballina win by 5 points, bit of a surprise I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

That's some result for Ballina.

Breaffy would have been favourites but saw enough in the Stephenites game against Westport to indicate they'd give Breaffy a serious challenge.

Ballagh won handy enough against Davitts

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Time to throw more money at another management set up for Breaffy! Same as previous years, no cohesion or style of play when it comes to the business end of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Think the point made by Reape about returning county players upsetting the setup/rhythm of the Breaffy team could be on the money

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

redbuck wrote: »

When did that start?

They generally charge. The games two weeks ago were like a free taster to draw you in. I paid to stream games previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Bit of a surprise i'd say alright. The other day i checked the odds for Connacht senior outright and Breaffy were 3rd in the odds behind Castlebar and Corofin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Breaffy were clueless, Ballina let them off the hook in normal time

O’Sheas anonymous bar Conor who continuously makes the wrong decision
    Hennelly with another clanger

Some good players on display Swanny O’Hora MOTM for Ballina buyback irwin played well at midfield as did Doherty at 6
    Fadden looks a serious player for Breaffy

Ballagh v Davitts was awful poor, Andy aside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Green&Red wrote: »
    Breaffy were clueless, Ballina let them off the hook in normal time

O’Sheas anonymous bar Conor who continuously makes the wrong decision
    Hennelly with another clanger

Some good players on display Swanny O’Hora MOTM for Ballina buyback irwin played well at midfield as did Doherty at 6
    Fadden looks a serious player for Breaffy

Ballagh v Davitts was awful poor, Andy aside

Shairoze Akram not standing out at this level?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shairoze Akram not standing out at this level?

I dont think it is going to happen for him
    The years are drifting by and he is not getting any bigger......

IMO he’s a great athlete but lacks what’s needed to be a top class footballer. A bit like Cian Hanley

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

Didn't see the game today but Akram doesn't lack size or speed. It's ball work he needs. He's still only 22 so I wouldn't write him off completely yet.

Ballina fully deserved their win. Treacy hit a few monster scores in the 2nd half and Leonard in extra time. Conor McStay was very lively, reminds me of Ian Burke.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

redbuck wrote: »

When did that start?

They generally charge. The games two weeks ago were like a free taster to draw you in. I paid to stream games previously.
    Ah right I just stumbled upon it on the free week so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Think the point made by Reape about returning county players upsetting the setup/rhythm of the Breaffy team could be on the money

That's a fair point but it's a point that has been around for years and years now. When you have county players coming back into key positions then it's going to disrupt things. Not having done something about it in all these years is the thing I would be questioning big time from management.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    That's a fair point but it's a point that has been around for years and years now. When you have county players coming back into key positions then it's going to disrupt things. Not having done something about it in all these years is the thing I would be questioning big time from management.

Ballymun in Dublin have a similar problem. They've 6 county players with multiple all stars but always flatter to deceive at club level. It's not an easy solution for the club manager, the players have to come straight back into the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭PressRun

Would fancy Ballintubber against that Ballina team tbh. Ballina should have put Breaffy away comfortably enough in normal time. Think Ballintubber will have too much for them.

Claremorris on the way to keeping their Senior status intact for another year. 3-9 to 0-7 ahead v Hollymount-Carramore in the 2nd half of the relegation playoff. Similar with Westport. 10 pts up at HT v Moy Davitts in the other game.

SFC relegation playoff results: Westport 3-16 Moy Davitts 0-3. Claremorris 4-14 Hollymount-Carramore 0-8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Jeez two absolute thrashings in relegation. They should nearly just put both BMD and Hollymount out of their misery :pac:

Another year, another what could have been for Breaffy. Time is seriously running out to win something with this golden generation of sorts

Knockmore three points up at half time:eek:

Interesting!

I still think Mitchell's are the only team who might rattle corofin a bit if they win Galway though

5 points up now!

Cbar in right bother now.

• Advertisement

Awful soft goal to give away, came just after we had a good goal chance ourselves
    No change up on the kick outs killed us
    Very disappointing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement