Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan The hunt for Webb Ellis

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The one downside to Kolbe, too fast for support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Kolbe is just ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

Kolbe is like a pinball

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vital Transformation

Ah, that's a shame.

Kolbe is seriously dangerous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Kolbe will be player of the tournament if SA get to the semi-finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭An Tarbh

I can never understand why the draw is made so far in advance of the tournament. Also I think only the semi finalists in one World Cup should automatically qualify for the next with all the other teams having to go through qualifiers. This was the way it was for the 1999 and 2003 tournaments and worked well IMO.

no the way they have with the top 12 is better, all the 1999 or 2003 would result in is pointless games. England had to play a qualifier against the Dutch before the 99 world cup, what benefit is that.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

kolbe runs faster in slow motion than I ever could in realtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Hope Kobe is alright. Has been unbelievable to watch

• Kolbe Habana.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Same pass in first half and new Zealand get a try from it. SA pulled up on it though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

And thats the game you would have to say. Brilliance and criminal wastefulness at the same time from SA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

I would say Stockdale was hoping Kolbe didn’t get back up there

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Nice to see there is still room for the little man to show his skill but if ball gets turned over it counts for naught

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

D.Q wrote: »
    Garces has the most punchable face. Smug little prick. ****e ref.

Wow. Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

What was Perenara thinking dinking a ball over the top when the game is all but won.

Odds on England winning outright should drop after this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

I’m not as fearful of the Boks now as I was before this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Another massively forward pass from Perenara ignore by all the officials.

Boks are very limited BUT

Stockdale Vs Kolbe could be the best wing battle ever :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭aodomhnaill

anyone know of anyone that may need a Cat A ticket for Irish Scotland game tomorrow Cat A 30,000 yen, facevalue. PM if interested. Ticket with someone in yokohama.

PM if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Win tomorrow its South Africa or Italy
    Lose and it's very possibly the All Blacks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,584 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

if Ireland up ther game and beat Sciotland, should be South Africe in quaters , again if we up our game , have a reasonable chance of getting to first ever semi.

From a neutral point of view, hope referees give smaller nations the right decisions . Too often in prevous world cups this has not been the case , love to see smaller nations do good.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

A good result for us, assuming we can beat the Scots

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

PTH2009 wrote: »

Pay attention people. This guy really knows his rugby.

Off to snooze now, guys.

Really enjoyed all the comments.

Probably won't get up for Italy/Namibia but will throw in a few comments for the main event at 8.45.

I've enjoyed every match so far

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

PTH2009 wrote: »

Are you seriously expecting Italy to have a realistic chance of getting out of their pool? Snowball`s chance in hell IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Look at the teams that has beaten them in the past 4 years, it is when a team is able to physically front up to them and not be run over. Once they have momentum you are going to struggle. It is the same as the Bulls used to play under Heynecke Meyer and the Boks under him as well.

The teams that have the forwards to withstand the physical challenge, Wales, Ireland, NZ, England, have enjoyed success against them. The other teams with lighter forwards, Australia, Italy, Scotland, struggle against them.

So if Ireland meets SA in the QF, you will need to be ready physically. You saw today after 20 minutes if they aren't ahead and you have withstood them then it all changes. Then again it is easy saying it, doing it on the field even when you know what to do is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vital Transformation

Kolbe is Wayde Van Niekerk's (300 and 400m world record holder) cousin. Checks out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

Ardie Savea is a terminator .

Jerome Garces is stealing a living ( reffed both teams poorly, the man is a loose cannon)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Kolbe with 2 excellent solo runs but no support at the end to finish it off. And his 1 other chance was from a piss poor pass from Le Roux with the line wide open.
    Was also pretty good under the high balls.

After those 2 tries SA did a good job not letting NZ run away with it, only 6 points added to the NZ total in the last 55 minutes.

Least SA know now what needs to be done in the rest of the games in order to qualify and wont meet NZ again until the final if both make it that far.

Great game, even if we lost.

Advertisement