Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Untitled Goose Game (PC / Switch)

• 20-09-2019 2:45pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Honk honk honk!

Honk honk.

HONK HONK HONK.

*smash*

Honk.

Out today.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I cannot honking wait to play it :D 6 PM Irish time I think it releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Shiminay wrote: »
    I cannot honking wait to play it :D 6 PM Irish time I think it releases.

5 I think, as it's 9am PST which is 8 hours behind us, so now you have an extra hour to play :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

25% off on Switch too so comes in at €14.99.

I went through all my cartridges and claimed my Gold, 1055 coins I got. So goose only cost about €4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Only 3-4 hours to complete, I'm reading. Still, I think I'll go for it once I've finished Link's Awakening. It's just too damn awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I've seen people say 90-120 minutes which is very short imo. It's got a charming art style but I think there is better games out there in its price range.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Great week for short games between this and Sayonara Wild Hearts. I have nothing but appreciation for games that waddle in, do their thing extremely well, and waddle back out while you still have a big ol’ smile on your face.

Played through the opening groundskeeper section last night and it’s a delight. It’s a game where farce is baked into the very controls, and just moving the absolute prick of a goose around is amusing. It’s a very low key, playful game mechanically. It looks great, and I love that they’ve managed to slot the silly, perfectly paced music that made the trailers so good into the final game intact. It’s possibly the first game I’ve played since Jazzpunk that’s properly, consistently funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got Sayonara and Blasphemous this week, but I will definitely grab this after payday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Short, but very very fun game. Found myself laughing like a loon as I flapped my wings and honked after committing some act of devious goose shenanigans!

There were a few I objectives I couldnt figure out
    breaking the broom, breaking the vase, earning a flower from the women at the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Short but hilarious.

It's a great lil gem from a small group. So i dont mind paying that price

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It’s a shame Roger Ebert isn’t around. We could show him the bit where the asshole goose locks the nerdy kid in the phone box as the definitive evidence of games = art.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Everyone playing on Switch or Epic? Trying to decide which to go for. €3 cheaper on Epic but performance is the main thing, since not playing in portable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Bought it on EGS!
    Gonna play it tomorrow afternoon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 champ79

Not showing up for purchase on Steam yet for me, is it being released later on PC or something?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Epic game store exclusive for now

I finished it earlier, I will definitely be playing it again.

Who could resist this charming honker?
    491326.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The fan art threads on Twitter have been a lot of fun.

https://twitter.com/SarahBecan/status/1176499002679992320?s=04

Made me laugh - ANARCHY GOOSE FOREVER!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Is it crazy that I’m very tempted to buy a Switch just for this game? It looks genius to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

A really wonderful little game. Played it on the Switch with my wife and a friend taking turns and we just giggled the whole time while being jerks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 champ79

ended up buying it from Epic - it's GOOD

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Finished it last night. Just couldn't change Goose's fate.
    Damn you Maverick! :(

Enjoyed the game. Not sure I'll go back and do the post game stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

As a bird lover and bird meme lover I had to get this from epic!
    Just made it past the groundskeeper now and it's s really charming game.

Finally figured out how to get my Xbox wireless controller working with non steam games via steam link.

You just need to have steam start up in administrator mode during boot.

Started this on Xbox the other night and just got the
    crown
    there. The third area was a pain to get done in 7 minutes. Took me 5 attempts.

I think I was expecting more form it based on the hype around it but it was still an enjoyable game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Enfilade wrote: »
    Started this on Xbox the other night and just got the
    crown
    there. The third area was a pain to get done in 7 minutes. Took me 5 attempts.

I think I was expecting more form it based on the hype around it but it was still an enjoyable game.

Did you expect to be an evil goose?

HONK!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just invested in Gamepass and this and Outer Wilds are the first titles I installed.
    Played a bit of this though and it's a lot of fun being an a$$hole Goose!

Advertisement