Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

EGR

Options
  • 20-09-2019 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

06 Audi A4, EGR and cooler need replacing would it be worth doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

No.

Really, it depends on the cost of the job and the value of the car I suppose. For any good advice, a little more info would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

No.

Really, it depends on the cost of the job and the value of the car I suppose. For any good advice, a little more info would help.

It’s an 06 so probably worth less than 2k and the job was quoted as €850

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

It’s an 06 so probably worth less than 2k and the job was quoted as €850

To answer this. Depends on how long your keeping it for and what other maintainance or repairs you are expecting.

500 quid a year i found is my max. If i wanted another 2 years out of that car an felt it would need little else then i would go for the repair. If it needs tyres big service wishbone and whatever else id get rid.

Also 850 sounds expensive but then I'm not sure exactly whats involved or the price of parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You in DIY forum OP, do you intend to DIY this job?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Interslice wrote: »
    To answer this. Depends on how long your keeping it for and what other maintainance or repairs you are expecting.

500 quid a year i found is my max. If i wanted another 2 years out of that car an felt it would need little else then i would go for the repair. If it needs tyres big service wishbone and whatever else id get rid.

Also 850 sounds expensive but then I'm not sure exactly whats involved or the price of parts.

Well I recently spent €600 on it to get it through the nct and when this is done it will be in good nick and I had intended In getting another year out of it, so taking that into consideration maybe I’ll get it done but I might price elsewhere?
    Thanks for your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Get it blanked and remapped, probably 200€.
    Although the earth will only last 499999999yrs 364days 23hrs and 59mins and 59secs, instead of 500000000yrs. Don't feel guilty as you will save 600€ :cool: :D

Advertisement