Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Undone [Amazon]

• 29-07-2019 9:34am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Trippy drama, which uses a rotoscoping technique last seen (by me anyway) in 2006's A Scanner Darkly;

The style could get some getting used to, though in conjunction with the trippy, psychological element of the story it works pretty well:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,753 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

This was released Friday, did anyone else check it out? Don't want to say too much, but I really enjoyed it, its definitely trippy. It is 8 episodes all less than 25 minutes. The blend of animation over real life actors (rotascope) did take a bit to get use to, but brings more life to the characters, after a while I took less notice of it and enjoyed it for what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I watched it between Friday and Saturday. Enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,909 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

watched 4 episodes over the weekend, enjoying it , and didn't mind the style of animation

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

6 eps in, loving it. Has it been renewed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

sweetie wrote: »
    6 eps in, loving it. Has it been renewed?

498763.png

Renewed, but no date for airing yet.

Finished the 1st season recently:
    498764.png

The rotoscope gives a surreal edge to it that allows you to adjust to it in the first episode before it goes full-on from the second episode. That said, its quite restrained, drip-feeding its trippiness, aided by good humour and kitchen sink drama.
    The second series should really open up the backstory, and hunker down on the metaphysical musings. Really looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Just watched this over last 2 days, very interesting show, definetly worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Recently finished this and enjoyed it. I wasn't sure I'd like it after the first one or two but after that I was fully invested in it.

I do think it wrapped up perfectly with the one season though. Not sure the second season is necessary but hopefully they'll prove me wrong.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I finished the second season. As I said above, I wasn't keen on a second one since I thought it ended perfectly, but this was better than I expected.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I also thought there was little need for a second season but was proved wrong. Now I'm curious to see if it gets renewed for a third season and if they can wrap everything up neatly. If they manage to do so then Undone will be up there with my all time favourite shows.

• Advertisement

Wow.

I had wanted to see where the metaphysical/philosophical angle was going to be taken, but season 2 seemed intent from the start on the family relationship angle. The penultimate episode showed why the metaphysical angle was irrelevant. I mean, who needs psychoanalysis to sort out issues, when all that's needed is

to change the universe through alternative universe-meddling to get things right? 😄

The inventiveness here could be accused of being derivative - with just some clever spin on it, yet it is hugely effective and affective. Both the penultimate and last episode were heart-breaking, yet life-affirming. Brilliant.

Advertisement