Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flights to New Zealand

• 15-09-2019 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm looking for flights to New Zealand (from Dublin) over Christmas and the New Year. I'm fairly flexible about travel dates and have been trying to find a range of options so that I can pick the dates that offer the best value for money.

For some reason, I seem to be having difficulty in achieving this. I can get loads of options for specific dates (way too many, to be honest), but nothing showing which dates offer better value than others. I've tried using Skyscanner and various airlines' own websites, but I feel that there's probably something relatively simple that I'm not doing.

I don't recall having similar problems when we travelled there almost four years ago. Any help will be gratefully received. If you feel I'm being really thick (or lazy) and want to have a go at me rather than offer help, by all means feel free to do so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭IQO

abff wrote: »
    Hi

I'm looking for flights to New Zealand (from Dublin) over Christmas and the New Year. I'm fairly flexible about travel dates and have been trying to find a range of options so that I can pick the dates that offer the best value for money.

For some reason, I seem to be having difficulty in achieving this. I can get loads of options for specific dates (way too many, to be honest), but nothing showing which dates offer better value than others. I've tried using Skyscanner and various airlines' own websites, but I feel that there's probably something relatively simple that I'm not doing.

I don't recall having similar problems when we travelled there almost four years ago. Any help will be gratefully received. If you feel I'm being really thick (or lazy) and want to have a go at me rather than offer help, by all means feel free to do so.
    What prices/routes did you find so far? What price are you aiming for, and for which date ranges exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭abff

Looking at Dublin Auckland with at most two stops (preferably one). Prices vary from around €1,800 to €2,500, with the cheaper flights involving several stops.

Want to be there for Christmas and the New Year, but pretty flexible around that, although would prefer not to travel out before December 15th and not planning to be away for more than 3 weeks or so because of family commitments at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭steve-o

I can get loads of options for specific dates (way too many, to be honest), but nothing showing which dates offer better value than others. I've tried using Skyscanner and various airlines' own websites, but I feel that there's probably something relatively simple that I'm not doing.
    Skyscanner has a "Show whole month" option in the top left after you search.

steve-o wrote: »
    Skyscanner has a "Show whole month" option in the top left after you search.

D'oh!

Thanks. I figured I was missing something fairly simple, but never noticed that option!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

D'oh!

Thanks. I figured I was missing something fairly simple, but never noticed that option!

Have you tried Google Flights? It’s pretty powerful and worth a try.

• Advertisement

Have you tried Google Flights? It’s pretty powerful and worth a try.

Thanks! Looking at it now and it's really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Just remember, if anything goes wrong what part of the computer do you talk to. I have no problem booking S/H but L/H is a different story.

roundymac wrote: »
    Just remember, if anything goes wrong what part of the computer do you talk to. I have no problem booking S/H but L/H is a different story.

:confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

roundymac wrote: »

You may have more success talking to the airline instead of the computer tbh

G_R wrote: »
    You may have more success talking to the airline instead of the computer tbh

Fair point. We ended up booking through Trailfinders the last time around. It's probably worth having a chat with them to see what they can offer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement