Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting magazines from US

Options
  • 12-09-2019 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi, I was thinking about posting some 10 round 10/22 mags to Ireland from the US. I have someone in Texas who could post it over.

AFAIK,mags under 10 rounds are no problem, is this right?

Also, does the items need to be under $100?

Is there any additional paperwork to be done etc (obviously I have a licence for the Firearm in question)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

They might still require someone with ITAR autorization to actually send them. You would be better off asking the ATF.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,956 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

And good luck trying to get a cohesive legally binding yes or no from that shower!They change definitions like their underwear.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I have found them to be very helpful any time i have rang them to clarify something.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭RS98

juice1304 wrote: »
    I have found them to be very helpful any time i have rang them to clarify something.

Thanks man, I'll give them a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,956 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

juice1304 wrote: »

Ask them to put it in writing,and see what happens...They will,and can then change their legal position 2 days later. Simply because they employ enough idiots who have no clue either of the utterly complex Federal,State ,and local US gun laws.Their latest disaster is now been declaring the semi auto version of the AA12 full auto shotgun a machine gun,due to the same side plate being used in manufacture of both guns.So anyone who has one is now in possession of an illegal machine gun and has to hand it in for destruction...At five thousand dollars a pop!!

They are the most hated,next to the US IRS,Federal organisation in the USA.With such events like Waco,and being complicit in Obama's and Eric Holder's disasterous operation Fast& Furious,and general trigger happiness,numerous shot dead family pet dogs in "no knock" warrents and legalised thuggery.I wouldnt trust those fuks if they said it was daylight outside.:mad:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

RS98 wrote: »
    Hi, I was thinking about posting some 10 round 10/22 mags to Ireland from the US. I have someone in Texas who could post it over.

AFAIK,mags under 10 rounds are no problem, is this right?

Also, does the items need to be under $100?

Is there any additional paperwork to be done etc (obviously I have a licence for the Firearm in question)

Thanks

you may be liable fpr customs and vat I think , for items over $26

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭dc99

YOU could be hit for vat etc, but also pay the An Post handling fee :-(

I got 2 mags in last month and was caught for the vat (or was it exile duty?) and handling fee, then a few days later got some other stuff - no vat etc...
    Sometimes you get caught sometimes not....

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

What website are you using dc99?

Advertisement