Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Gold schedule change

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Will said there would be a presenter after Christmas

Maybe it'll be JJ Hartigan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

hopefully it won't be a female celeb who hasn't a clue what she's playing :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Dave fanning maybe?

David Bowie once wrote a song about Rick O’ Shea :P

Heard Al Dunne saying that his Fri and Sat 80s show is now more.
    He is moving to Aidan Leonard's slot on a Saturday morning.

Hopefully Aidan is staying with RTE Gold!

Rick O'Shea taking over Will Leahy's 80s show.
    Will is starting a 90s show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Radio Gold

Yep i heard that last night, unless they are getting someone else to do the Friday night/Saturday 80s show. Hope they bring it back because i always enjoyed listening every Friday night.

Yep i heard that last night, unless they are getting someone else to do the Friday night/Saturday 80s show. Hope they bring it back because i always enjoyed listening every Friday night.

Rick O' Shea & Will Leahy are on RTE Gold a year now after getting moved from 2fm

Are people here enjoying their shows this past year or are people thinking that RTE Gold is just a retirement home for presenters too old for 2fm?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

gamecube wrote: »
    Rick O' Shea & Will Leahy are on RTE Gold a year now after getting moved from 2fm

Are people here enjoying their shows this past year or are people thinking that RTE Gold is just a retirement home for presenters too old for 2fm?

I prefer current affairs or OffTheBall AM before 9 so don’t really listen to Will.

Have to say that Rick O’Shea’s show is the best 3 hours of “radio” on a week day. I could never listen to him on 2FM. I’d just gotten used to the afternoon show when they reshuffled but the 10:00 to 13:00 slot fits perfectly in to my day. Hopefully they’ll get someone in for the afternoon.

gamecube wrote: »

I prefer current affairs or OffTheBall AM before 9 so don’t really listen to Will.

Have to say that Rick O’Shea’s show is the best 3 hours of “radio” on a week day. I could never listen to him on 2FM. I’d just gotten used to the afternoon show when they reshuffled but the 10:00 to 13:00 slot fits perfectly in to my day. Hopefully they’ll get someone in for the afternoon.

• Advertisement

I don't get to listen to Rick's show that often but when I do it's always very good & I enjoy his choice of songs over the 3 hours.

Mike Maloney, Nails Mahoney and Marian Farrell joining the line up at the weekend

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I would imagine they're getting paid (Nails having been on Q102 very recently for instance) - does Gold have any ads or is it solely licence funded?

Not going to be an expensive service and I imagine much of the audience are of the age to be licence payers anyway!

Larry doesn't really feature on the new weekend schedule.

Sounds of the 60s and The Classic Countdown are gone..just The Classic Album remains for Larry with him introducing an album.

Larry doesn't really feature on the new weekend schedule.

Sounds of the 60s and The Classic Countdown are gone..just The Classic Album remains for Larry with him introducing an album.

Living in the 60s is on Mondays and the Classic countdown is now on Fridays both at 1pm.

Is Rick gone from 10:00 to 13:00? Flipping raging if if he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Is Rick gone from 10:00 to 13:00? Flipping raging if if he is.

On leave this week. Marian Farrell sitting in.

On leave this week. Marian Farrell sitting in.

Panic over - cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 27,993 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Dalys 80s seemed to go into repeat mode coming up to christmas and now is gone completely from the schedule :(
    Really liked the mix of music and retro pieces in that show.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I'm getting very fed up with the music played on Gold
    We've a 5 month old to get to sleep so it is on most of the day and evening.

The same songs play every night. It is gone beyond a joke.

I have sent in emails, texts and facebook messenges about it.
    Not one reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Why don't you try John Kelly on Lyric or John Creedon on RTE Radio 1. I never found radio much use for getting babies to sleep mind you.

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    I'm getting very fed up with the music played on Gold
    We've a 5 month old to get to sleep so it is on most of the day and evening.

The same songs play every night. It is gone beyond a joke.

I have sent in emails, texts and facebook messages about it.
    Not one reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Why don't you try John Kelly on Lyric or John Creedon on RTE Radio 1. I never found radio much use for getting babies to sleep mind you.

It's more for background noise and not to have the tv on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭griffin100

I’ve moved over from Gold to TodayFM 90’s. It has a good mix of songs for a 90’s child like me and minimal adds.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Lord Nelson

Ever since they "revamped" it, there's too much waffle. On some of the voicetracked shows the music selection is all over the place. Actually heard Smoke on The Water stuck in between a couple of inane pop tunes. One morning at 8.30 they played a promo boasting - no ads, no news, just music and then went straight into news headlines!!! Have also heard a couple of obvious repeats from years gone by as the jock has implored people to listen to Ireland's Biggest Jukebox with John Clarke. Then again, it is RTÉ I suppose.......

RTE Gold is a great station..Did you hear this morning?, it had less than an hour of Radio 1 Shay Byrne's rising time.
    The switchover must not have kicked in after (RTE Gold on Radio 1) at 5:30am

Does anyone know is Aidan Leonard still involved with RTE Gold?...His Biggest Jukebox show has been presented by Mike Moloney the past few months

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

RTE Gold is a great station..Did you hear this morning?, it had less than an hour of Radio 1 Shay Byrne's rising time.
    The switchover must not have kicked in after (RTE Gold on Radio 1) at 5:30am

Its a pity Rte Gold wouldn't continue right up until 7am. That Shay Byrne is one annoying bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Does anyone know is Aidan Leonard still involved with RTE Gold?...His Biggest Jukebox show has been presented by Mike Moloney the past few months

I was wondering that myself recently, I don't remember the last timexI heard him on the station.

I thought Pat O Mahony did a great job standing in for Rick O'Shea for the past couple of weeks. A bit scatterbrained on the chat but the music was excellent, a real proper mix and some very unusual choices.

I find RO'S plays a lot of stuff on rotation...... I think the show is just a time filler for him at times and he'd sooner be on an arts show on R1.

washiskin wrote: »
    I find RO'S plays a lot of stuff on rotation...... I think the show is just a time filler for him at times and he'd sooner be on an arts show on R1.

Rick currently on the Radio 1 S O'R show discussing books, while over on RTE Gold his show is on robo-jock !!
    I like Rick but he has a fairly cushy permanent job on RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Doblin

If RTE close down the lyric FM hq in Limerick it will probably be the end of Will Leahy's RTE Radio career

Advertisement