Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Right time of year?

Options
  • 13-09-2019 9:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Is there a right time of the year to sell a classic car?

Thoughts please...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Personally I don't think so--- you could argue coming into spring time is good time so sell as people will want a car for the 'summer'''.. but you could also argue now (Autumn) as people like myself are looking forward to some winter projects to work on....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

There's never a right time to sell any car, let alone a classic.

....but my wife calls me a hoarder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

macplaxton wrote: »
    There's never a right time to sell any car, let alone a classic.

....but my wife calls me a hoarder.

I nearly always end up buying around now or October when people are off loading after the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

yes I'd say it's the right time to buy. Selling a car needing nothing will result in a smaller price I'd guess.

Would be a good time to sell a car needing work as a so-called winter project.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 OPollo

Theres no winter in Ireland, so any time is good if the price is right for YOU ! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

In the last 7 years I've bought and sold about 15 cars and I noticed a pattern. Now is definitely the right time to sell, or at least get it out there for people to see. While people are a little shy on cash from the summer, if the car is right I found people will bite at a winter project around November.

For my main 2 projects, winter time is near impossible to find parts for. In the first 2 years I noticed I was paying a premium for parts in winter, but around April (when people need to get money together to sort out holidays) the same parts come up for nearly half the price, and so do all the winter project cars.

Sell around winter, buy in summer. It's never done me wrong.

Advertisement