Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viagogo worry

Options
  • 09-09-2019 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.
    I bought tix to Gary Numan on Sept 22 in the Olympia through viagogo. I admit I didn’t realise I was buying them through this app coz when I searched for the tickets it was hazy about where I was buying them from. I thought I was buying direct from the Olympia.

Anyway, fast forward to about 4 weeks ago when I was told by viagogo that the tickets had been issued by the Olympia & the seller had transferred them. I was supposed to get an email through ticketmaster to get them. I got no email.

Since then I’ve raised a ton of calls with viagogo & while I appreciate that the people on the phone have been polite & helpful, I still have no tickets. After a phone call of over half an hour today with viagogo I lost the plot & rang ticketmaster - coz viagogo keep trying to blame them.

Ticketmaster flat out refused to deal with me. The guy on the phone was so rude. In the meantime I’ve shelled out almost €150 for Tix and I’ve no idea whether I’ll get them or not. Any helpful ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ticketmaster won't help you regarding this as with this purchase you are not actually a customer of theirs.

If Viagogo don't deliver on the tix they have a duty to refund you,tickets for this event were €34-€41 so coughing up €150 seems awfully silly but sadly many people clearly decide to go down this route.

My advice when this concludes is never buy from secondary sources again only use official sources or outlets that aren't trying to squeeze fans such as toutless, best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Are they supposedly mobile tickets that have been transferred to you? Or hard copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Are they supposedly mobile tickets that have been transferred to you? Or hard copy?

I’m guessing mobile because it’s being transferred on the Ticketmaster website. In fairness viagogo have been very helpful and haven’t given up tying to get it sorted but I can’t understand how it’s this difficult. Very frustrating. It’s going on over a month now & the gig is approaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

I’m guessing mobile because it’s being transferred on the Ticketmaster website. In fairness viagogo have been very helpful and haven’t given up tying to get it sorted but I can’t understand how it’s this difficult. Very frustrating. It’s going on over a month now & the gig is approaching.
    Ask viagogo for proof that the tickets were transferred. For transfer of a mobile ticket on TM, the seller should be able to go into his TM order history and see the order, with details of the email address they were transferred to.

Ask viagogo for proof that the tickets were transferred. For transfer of a mobile ticket on TM, the seller should be able to go into his TM order history and see the order, with details of the email address they were transferred to.

I’ll do that thanks. The girl from viagogo said that she could see the tickets had been transferred, but I’ll ask for proof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Did you go into your Ticketmaster account or email whichever it goes to and check?
    If Viagogo can see they have been transferred, where have they gone?

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Did you go into your Ticketmaster account or email whichever it goes to and check?
    If Viagogo can see they have been transferred, where have they gone?

I’ve checked a ton of times. I literally have no idea where they’ve gone. That’s the entire problem. It’s a mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭fafy

Stories like this are not uncommon, and have been repeating themselves for many years now, i am still in disbelief, as to why people buy from these scavengers, who promote touting as a business, and their process is regularly- non transparent and often unreliable.

Nothing, and i mean nothing would entice me buy from these or any of the other so called professional “pro facilitating” touters.

Much better off trying “ toutless” or the other face value options, in here, and elsewhere.

Its buyer beware unfortunately, buyer be careful, thats he world we live in, and have been for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I know people who have been caught with viagogo and they always got the tickets a couple of days before the gig, but went through much the same rigmarole as you. I think it's to force you to resell them through them if you're looking to get rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Just go back to viagogo and ask them exactly where it was transferred to as you don't seem to have them.
    It seems a lot of sellers sell tickets they don't have and then try to buy them
    just before the gig to deliver them to the buyer on viagogo.
    Not sure what happens if the buyer(s) don't deliver but would have thought there would be a cut off date for delivery?

• Advertisement
Advertisement