Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bag of rubbish dumped in our bin...

Options
  • 10-09-2019 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

Someone just dumped a bag of rubbish in our green bin in outer front garden.. Dublin 7 area.
    Eejits left paperwork with their address on it in bag.. it's around corner...
    What should we do?
    Report to whom?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Zipppy wrote: »
    Someone just dumped a bag of rubbish in our green bin in outer front garden.. Dublin 7 area.
    What should we do?
    Report to whom?

Bring it back and say they left something behind....

Or put it through their letter box.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Have fun with their name and address

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

What should we do?
    Report to whom?

Set fire to your bin. That'll teach them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

What should we do?
    Report to whom?

Bring it back to them with a note saying they forgot their garbage.

Take a dump on their door step....

Then smear it on their door handles and handles on cars....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

To be honest the last thing on my mind would be I better sift through this for an address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Sign them up for every newsletter and information booklet you can find.

Get into their green bin and wait

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

BDI wrote: »
    Sign them up for every newsletter and information booklet you can find.

but then they'll all end up in OP's bin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,504 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Contact Local Authority and look for contact details of litter warden.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Heavy Beast

What should we do?
    Report to whom?

no personal insults

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Take a dump on their door step....

Then smear it on their door handles and handles on cars....
    I wouldn't want to get in your bad books! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

was just about to say this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,258 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Only one logical response. Declare war.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

If you happen to live in an area where people are liable to do this, invest in a Gravity bin lock. You are welcome.

https://www.binminder.ie/?gclid=CjwKCAjwk93rBRBLEiwAcMapUaErwijRM5hEHmDSi932EF6Zyw1-1o3gdoY_W7s7y9pReQEL6mRc9RoCpaIQAvD_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

If you happen to live in an area where people are liable to do this, invest in a Gravity bin lock. You are welcome.

https://www.binminder.ie/?gclid=CjwKCAjwk93rBRBLEiwAcMapUaErwijRM5hEHmDSi932EF6Zyw1-1o3gdoY_W7s7y9pReQEL6mRc9RoCpaIQAvD_BwE

It's a sad day when you need to lock your bins to stop scabby neighbours dumping their rubbish. I hate people who are too miserable to pay their way.

Then they just throw it over the wall.

It's a sad day when you need to lock your bins to stop scabby neighbours dumping their rubbish. I hate people who are too miserable to pay their way.

Under no circumstances would I tolerate a scabby person using my bins. Thankfully (so far, have probably put the kibosh on it now!), since the time the bin charges were introduced, never had an issue of people using my bin for their rubbish. It is in the back before collection day.

Anyway, for a one off cost it would be worth it in my view to get the locks. I would do it, if for nothing else but to thwarth the feckers.

And if they did throw it over the wall, I'd report on day one. Awful stuff. But certain political parties have promoted this kind of thing, you know... don't pay etc. Morons when the community as a whole suffers.

They possibly expect the DSP, or the Government etc. to pay for them. Well if you are so called "entitled" to everything else, surely the bins would be paid for in their eyes.

Is there no waiver anymore now? I am not up to speed on the myriad of entitlements for many now.. And I qualify for nothing. But hey ho. That's life.

• Advertisement

Get their cat and put it in the green bin or to mix it up a little one of the kids....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

maybe it was stolen from them and planted on you Op.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

They possibly expect the DSP, or the Government etc. to pay for them. Well if you are so called "entitled" to everything else, surely the bins would be paid for in their eyes.

Is there no waiver anymore now? I am not up to speed on the myriad of entitlements for many now.. And I qualify for nothing. But hey ho. That's life.

Don't know about a waiver, but even if it was 50c a month there would be some who wouldn't pay it unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Could you put up a "This premises is monitored by cctv" sign? Might put them off.

Don't know about a waiver, but even if it was 50c a month there would be some who wouldn't pay it unfortunately.

Well like the rest of us ordinary mortals who pay for everything, their bin is not collected. Out of credit! Bin left uncollected. Bye now.

Someone with a brain in the relevant Government Department should propose (before you all light on me), that a proportion of the LPT should be used for waste collection.

TBH at this stage I'd prefer if it was. Might mean an increase in LPT and a consequent reduction in fly tipping and so on, because whatever our views, at least every household if owned or rented (via an LPT paying LL including councils) will have a guaranteed bin collection.

Join the dots. It is getting ridiculous now looking at bags dumped all over, and the lack of litter bins everywhere because some are using them to deposit household waste.

Someone has to take charge sooner or later, or the dumped rubbish everywhere will be unreal.

We are paying for it anyway, so make it Universal via LPT. Revenue will collect it anyway as the best Government Department in the State for frightening the lot of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

this was brilliant,but could they get in trouble for showing the CCTV

• Registered Users Posts: 14,504 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Someone with a brain in the relevant Government Department should propose (before you all light on me), that a proportion of the LPT should be used for waste collection.

TBH at this stage I'd prefer if it was. Might mean an increase in LPT and a consequent reduction in fly tipping and so on, because whatever our views, at least every household if owned or rented (via an LPT paying LL including councils) will have a guaranteed bin collection.

Join the dots. It is getting ridiculous now looking at bags dumped all over, and the lack of litter bins everywhere because some are using them to deposit household waste.

Someone has to take charge sooner or later, or the dumped rubbish everywhere will be unreal.

We are paying for it anyway, so make it Universal via LPT. Revenue will collect it anyway as the best Government Department in the State for frightening the lot of us!

An interesting suggestion.

Probably likely to be rejected by some smart civil servant on the basis that it would be in conflict with "polluter pays".
    Polluter pays doesn't seem to prevent large neighbourhood bins being provided in Spain and Portugal.

Just a footnote - I don't see it as a legitimate function of government to frighten citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Move.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

If someone reported dumped waste in a ditch to the litter warden, they can search it for any ID and fine the person.

Karma!

Advertisement