Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gears 5 Pre-Loading

• 23-08-2019 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

So, for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members, you can pre-load gears 5. I went into the Games Pass Store and the file is there buts its only 100MB file. I cant remember how to trigger the actual game download. Can anyone clarify? Its going to be 100GB game I reckon, so I want to start downloading it asap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ZiabR wrote: »
    So, for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members, you can pre-load gears 5. I went into the Games Pass Store and the file is there buts its only 100MB file. I cant remember how to trigger the actual game download. Can anyone clarify? Its going to be 100GB game I reckon, so I want to start downloading it asap.

early release isnt till 6th september, I think that thing you've downloaded is merely a placeholder - as in, when the game file gets uploaded, it'll be flagged by your system and auto downloaded. There was something else that did this , but I cant remember for sure - possibly division 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ZiabR wrote: »

Pre download is available now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Pre download is available now

Turns out it always was available. What I was doing wrong was not starting the download on the correct console seeing as I game share with a brother. Once I clicked download on the "home console" the game started to download on mine. Took me over a week to remember that... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone playing this on PC?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Playing It since Friday on pc... stunning looking game nice gameplay but far too many cutscenes. Multiplayer seems pretty good too.

• Advertisement

Is anyone able to play this on PC with Game Pass? I preloaded but it's not letting me play it.

Edit : Just saw that it's the 10th it goes live.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Is anyone able to play this on PC with Game Pass? I preloaded but it's not letting me play it.

Edit : Just saw that it's the 10th it goes live.

I was playing it on pc yesterday

Playing it since Friday too with the XGP Ultimate.

leedan2009 (MSFT stole my kdjac account) on xbox if anyone fancies coop.

Keeps telling me that i'm too early. Won't launch at all.

Keeps telling me that i'm too early. Won't launch at all.

10th for regular gamepass users, 5th for gamepass ultimate ones.

EDIT: Actually must be the 10th in New Zealand by now, set your region to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Game went live on PC for those with the Xbox pass.

You need to launch the ultimate version with the game pass thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

dreamers75 wrote: »
    You need to launch the ultimate version with the game pass thing.

Standard working fine for me.

Having some issues with coop connectivity, doesnt seem to matter if its Xbox(PC) to steam or vice versa a lot of drop outs with various other players.

Advertisement