Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aircraft fuel delivery delays at Dublin airport

Options
  • 28-08-2019 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

I'm sitting on LX-401. The aircraft has been on the ground for about an hour. The fuel truck has still to arrive, according to the captain. Meanwhile the flight is boarded etc. This is not the first time I have come across delays of this nature at this airport.

Why is this service so unreliable at EIDW?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭micosoft

Fly weekly multiple carriers short and long haul - and never happened to me.

Perhaps ask Swiss?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

previous fuel bill not paid? the airport has full 24/7/365 fuel availability, so this is not down to the DAA. the handling agency is at fault here.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Similar experience here. Haven't had a fuel delay more than 4-5 mins in about 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Impetus wrote: »
    I'm sitting on LX-401. The aircraft has been on the ground for about an hour. The fuel truck has still to arrive, according to the captain. Meanwhile the flight is boarded etc. This is not the first time I have come across delays of this nature at this airport.

Why is this service so unreliable at EIDW?

Perhaps the fuel card got blocked when he tried putting a wash, chicken fillet roll and a packet of smokes on it?!?! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Impetus

How is it that he got fuel x minutes later please? Do you think Lufthansa Group, of which Swiss is a subsidiary have a billing problem?

Get real.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Impetus wrote: »
    How is it that he got fuel x minutes later please? Do you think Lufthansa Group, of which Swiss is a subsidiary have a billing problem?

Get real.
    Well in fairness you were the one who initially decided to moan about a fuel delay on an Internet forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

OP has a history of ‘dissing’ all things in Ireland and jumping to silly conclusions from one incident. Usually mentions how much better things are in Switzerland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Have never experienced this phenomenon at this airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Used to be regular enough especially in my last job... we were a freight carrier with just the two arrival and departure daily... Summer you find one flight in 12 taking a delay because of the late fuel truck, NEVER an occurrence in winter... I queried it once with a fueling agent who smiled and said “well, boxes don’t complain”.. as in if it’s your fueling slot but an EI flight is late and needs us, you’ll be waiting... much appreciated when a percentage of our cargo was medical goods on dry ice...documents for property deals, band equipment for concert in front of 5000 people, live animals.. horses for racing sitting in a hot aircraft for an hour... slot gets missed... problems,

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭HTCOne

I can see why it could be an issue on the west apron. T2 has the subterranean fuel lines now right? Just need a pump vehicle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

T2 contact stands just need the pump/meter vehicle.

Advertisement