Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh Fries (e.g. Wilsons "You say potatoe we say.."

Options
  • 05-09-2019 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭

Can you freeze fresh french fries in the packets in supermarkets e.g. "You say potatoes..." - no mention on the package...thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭tangy

UR Dan Quayle and I claim my $5 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

You are better off sticking with Freedom Fries.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 huiwe878778

Freedom Fries!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Can you freeze fresh french fries in the packets in supermarkets e.g. "You say potatoes..." - no mention on the package...thanks.

I don't think so, since they're not cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,343 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Didn’t know there was such a thing as fresh French fries. How do they stop them going brown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Didn’t know there was such a thing as fresh French fries. How do they stop them going brown?

I used to see bags of freshly cut chip outside restaurants years ago, morning deliveries. I guess they flush the bags with nitrogen or some other inert gas, like they would with meat or crisps.

Not clear if the OP is talking about totally uncooked ones. Tesco have finest ones which are partially cooked and can be frozen.
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=297660374

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭caviardreams

These are the ones the OP is talking about - completely fresh/uncooked:
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=296457860

Advertisement