Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭blackwhite

fafy wrote: »
    This Laois TM outlet, limiting to two tickets max oer person, seems to be 4 per oerson online, for the Early Bird Tickets, and the normal 2 max for Loyalty tickets.

https://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/electric-picnic/475358/new-electric-picnic-2020-ticket-limit-at-laois-ticketmaster-outlet.html

Has pricing been released yet ?

Last year - first ticket sale pricing(excl TM Fees)

Early Bird (no previous picnics) €205
    Loyalty 1 or 2 picnics €185
    Loyalty 3 or more picnics €165

I could see the prices going up, by €5 to €10.

It'll be at least €10 I'd say.

VAT rate increased from 9% - 13.5% on 1 January - so that alone would increase the prices to €213.46, €192.64 and €171.81

They increased the final tickets to €260 last year - from €250 in the December batch - which was exactly the VAT increase.

I'd expect the final batches to be €265 this year, with various discounted rates working back from that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭rubick

Oh here everyone is!
    Sorry I'm late, but I left the other thread late.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Duff wrote: »
    Haven't been to EP since 2015 and thinking of making a return next year, but I'm 100% over lugging a tent around and trying to set up to be swamped out of it in the rain. (Oxegen 2007 I'll never forget). Going to go the boutique route I think, can't find any info on pricing online as they're not up yet obviously as 2019 is only finished. How much roughly is a 2 person tent in Pink Moon or Harvest Moon?

Cheers.

You can get smallish 2 man for 250 or larger rainbow tipi (spacious) for 320. Not sure about the other types of boutique camping but there are a good few options.

Expensive but toilets & showers whenever you want them is a real boon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭fafy

optogirl wrote: »
    You can get smallish 2 man for 250 or larger rainbow tipi (spacious) for 320. Not sure about the other types of boutique camping but there are a good few options.

Expensive but toilets & showers whenever you want them is a real boon.

I arrived on Thursday, and was in a two man “entry level” tent in Pink moon, for €250, note- not a whole lot of room for gear, so packing light is essential, it was an extra €10 each, for Thursday arrival, so €270 in total, but well worth it. There were no restrictions that i noticed, on bringing in cans to SD on Thursday night, and the cafe area in PM is another added bonus, as well as direct entry/exit to/from main arena, avoiding the long walks from the general campsites. Its also closest to the Green Car Park, taking about 20 minutes walk, to get to your car, which isn’t bad

That's fierce expensive getting. Worthy View @ Glastonbury is the same - first year we used it (two-person tent), it was £125. This year it was almost £300. I suppose they know they are going to get the capacity.

• Advertisement

rubick wrote: »
    That's fierce expensive getting. Worthy View @ Glastonbury is the same - first year we used it (two-person tent), it was £125. This year it was almost £300. I suppose they know they are going to get the capacity.

I agree its getting expensive, which is why i wouldn’t upgrade beyond the entry level 2 man, at PM, as the prices rise steeply from the entry level price, you do get all the advantages of PM,no matter what kind if tent you are in, and its only a place to sleep, so the small size i can put up with, as i am not in the tent for at least 18 hours a day, up at 8am each day, ahead of the shower q’s, cafe chill time, and into arena by 11am, not back until 2amish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,283 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

rubick wrote: »

For comparison I hired a two man tent at Pohoda Festival in Slovakia for €59. The first time I've ever done that but Ryanair would charge me €50 for the extra baggage so effectively €9 for someone to have a tent ready for me at a fest. Can't afford it at EP but a bargain there.

It included an (admittedly poor) floor mat and was comfortable enough. The pod-pads/wooden huts were circa €140 which is a pretty striking comparison to the Picnic. Not sure of their overheads but someone must be doing well in the festival accommodation game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Fantastic, missed the loyalty deadline. -_-

That's what I get for falling asleep watching a film in bed saying I'll do it after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

On the music front, one to hope for next year. Supergrass are re-forming

http://www.noise11.com/news/supergrass-reform-to-mark-25th-anniversary-20190905

Oh yes. Hugely underrated. All depends on tour dates whether it's ATN or EP who grab them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Gaz Coombes has put out three great solo albums since Supergrass split; all well worth a listen if anyone hasn't checked them out. Was never huge into Supergrass but he played a few of their tracks at a solo show that I was at and they wen't down very well indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Gaz Coombes has put out three great solo albums since Supergrass split; all well worth a listen if anyone hasn't checked them out. Was never huge into Supergrass but he played a few of their tracks at a solo show that I was at and they wen't down very well indeed.

They're a great festival band. 3 minute punchy pop rock. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I agree its getting expensive, which is why i wouldn’t upgrade beyond the entry level 2 man, at PM, as the prices rise steeply from the entry level price, you do get all the advantages of PM,no matter what kind if tent you are in, and its only a place to sleep, so the small size i can put up with, as i am not in the tent for at least 18 hours a day, up at 8am each day, ahead of the shower q’s, cafe chill time, and into arena by 11am, not back until 2amish.

Young and fit no doubt... unlike myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I would flipping love that.

Early wish list time?

Tame Impala
    Aphex Twin
    SLF
    Supergrass
    Chuck Prophet
    Wilco
    Leftfield
    Fontaines DC
    The Murder Capital
    Slyrydes
    Black Midi
    Idles (there's a theme emerging here)
    Girl Band
    Thumper
    Antlers
    Steel Pulse
    Culture
    Kila
    ....and loads more.

Hard to forecast headliners this far out but TI must be in the running?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rondog

Can anyone tell me how much a bed podpad was ?

Young and fit no doubt... unlike myself.

Not at all, 50 ! I found i couldn’t sleep too late in the tent.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Early wish list time?

Tame Impala
    Aphex Twin
    SLF
    Supergrass
    Chuck Prophet
    Wilco
    Leftfield
    Fontaines DC
    The Murder Capital
    Slyrydes
    Black Midi
    Idles (there's a theme emerging here)
    Girl Band
    Thumper
    Antlers
    Steel Pulse
    Culture
    Kila
    ....and loads more.

Hard to forecast headliners this far out but TI must be in the running?

Seathrun's wishing for Wilco is almost as much of a thing as BodhranDude's Aphex Twin love.

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Have people been issued loyalty codes? I just contacted them and they said they're not being issued until Friday

They're original mail sent back in Aug said they would be issued on Wed 4th Sep at 8am

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Synode wrote: »
    Have people been issued loyalty codes? I just contacted them and they said they're not being issued until Friday

It's all a bit tight isn't it?

• Advertisement

One we can put to bed early is the annual request for James; they are going on a year's hiatus after the current tour which ends this autumn. Already have most of album number 16 written mind you. Legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

It's all a bit tight isn't it?

it's usually the day before though from what i can remember.

the one pain this year is that it's a saturday morning, that's recovery time... bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭TenPicnics

[

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Oooh...wishlists!

Them whose name begins with R :) and then......

Death Cab for Cutie
    Either Wainwright sibling.
    St. Vincent
    Villagers
    Solange
    The National
    Iron and Wine
    Sive
    PJ Harvey

I could be here all day!

As a nostalgia act I'd love Nik Kershaw. His hits have aged very well!

*I should probably fess up that I was Sadie06 in a former life...just don't tell anyone! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Oooh...wishlists!

Them whose name begins with R :) and then......

Death Cab for Cutie
    Either Wainwright sibling.
    St. Vincent
    Villagers
    Solange
    The National
    Iron and Wine
    Sive
    PJ Harvey

I could be here all day!

As a nostalgia act I'd love Nik Kershaw. His hits have aged very well!

*I should probably fess up that I was Sadie06 in a former life...just don't tell anyone! :-)

Welcome back Sadie !

Seathrun's wishing for Wilco is almost as much of a thing as BodhranDude's Aphex Twin love.

:P

Yeah, I'm getting desperate. And given your poster name I'm sure you'll welcome them too. By the next fest it'll be twelve years since they last played. New album nexxt month so hopefully touring it at fests next summer.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm getting desperate. And given your poster name I'm sure you'll welcome them too. By the next fest it'll be twelve years since they last played. New album nexxt month so hopefully touring it at fests next summer.

Yep, they are always on my list but if I had the choice between a festival appearance and a Vicar Street show, I'd like the latter. My one and only Wilco gig was at the Iveagh Gardens. It was lovely - even in the rain - but the chatter killed it a little for me. I'd like a nice indoor show this time!

If I was to guess at the type of acts who might take slots at festivals (anywhere) next year, I'd say...

Tame Impala
    Foals
    Bon Iver
    Anderson .Paak
    Vampire Weekend

I wonder will Future Islands be back? Or Arcade Fire? They can't be too far off releasing new music. I'd guess Thom Yorke solo rather than Radiohead but I'd class it as less likely than those above, I think.

Idles have a new album coming so they would be a maybe but I heard that they are taking a break after the current tour due to extensive touring for the last 2/3 years.

I think Lana Del Ray could be doing the rounds too - her new album is getting rave reviews, though I've not checked it out.

I know Pavement are headlining Primavera - am I right in thinking that is billed as a worldwide exclusive?

Synode wrote: »

They're original mail sent back in Aug said they would be issued on Wed 4th Sep at 8am

Tbf there were multiple communications about the codes not being delivered until Friday, in the last week or so, it was on multiple emails on the website, twitter etc.

Pink Moon have the 2020 EP listing up, but not actuall onsale yet, but one can view the pricing.

2man tent is €250, same as last year

http://www.pinkmooncamping.co.uk/accommodation.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Pink Moon have the 2020 EP listing up, but not actuall onsale yet, but one can view the pricing.

2man tent is €250, same as last year

http://www.pinkmooncamping.co.uk/accommodation.asp

I got mines for 240€

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement