Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When to fit in Strength Training with Marathon Schedule?

• 03-09-2019 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi

I am wondering where best to slot in some strength training with my running?? I try to keep my easy days easy and do a BodyPump class after my speed training, but id would need to be at least one more session during the week. but where is best to do it?

My week looks like this

Monday - Easy
    Tuesday -Speed training and class
    Weds - off (away at work until very late)
    Thursday - Easy
    Friday - LSR
    Saturday - Short Rec run
    Sunday - Tempo run

Thanks in advance - appreciate the advice :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

Probably on Sunday after your Tempo. This keeps the easy days easy and the hard days hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭ToriV

ariana` wrote: »
    Probably on Sunday after your Tempo. This keeps the easy days easy and the hard days hard.

Great...thats what I was thinking alright. Would there be any other options? Just in case I cant do it that day?? Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

ToriV wrote: »
    Great...thats what I was thinking alright. Would there be any other options? Just in case I cant do it that day?? Thanks 😊

Thursday is probably the next best option for you. You might have heavy legs on your LR on Friday for a couple of weeks but you'd probably be fine once you get used to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭ToriV

ariana` wrote: »
    Thursday is probably the next best option for you. You might have heavy legs on your LR on Friday for a couple of weeks but you'd probably be fine once you get used to it!

Thanks a mil - appreciate it!

Advertisement