Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UWELL Caliburn Portable System Kit ~~ Lives up to online hype and reviews.

Options
  • 09-08-2019 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭

UWELL Caliburn Portable System Kit ~~ Lives up to online hype and reviews.

[aliexpress] UWELL Caliburn Portable System Kit and 1 Pack(4 pcs) 2ml Refillable Cartridge Top-Fill Vape Pod vs justfog minifit kit
    €30.57 €40.77 -25%
    Also available from amazon eu stores at a slight markup.

Ordered above from aliexpress on Jul. 25 and arrived this morning 9th August. (15 days).
    Marked as Gift + $15 value so avoided VAT. Even with it been on the threshold of not requiring payment. Order the device and extra pods separately, if you don't want to risk it.

Surprise a thread hasn't been posted about this already?
    Plenty of Youtube, Reddit (r/ECR_UK/ + r/ecr_eu/) and discord feedback on this.

Started my return to vaping in may/june.
    Logic Compact! | Third in a row to stop working after a few weeks.
    And with the help of a PockeX(Mainly) have reduced a 30+ a day habit, to around 60 a week of analogs.

The caliburn is a refillable pod sytem, with a sealed coil in the pod. Which is fairly equivalent to the coils in PockeX. The pods are reported to last approx a month. Draw activated or Button (Draw suits me fine). Good vape production and good flavor from ejuice. (Comparing to refilling the MyBlu with same ejuice ~ Hangsen Nic Salts RY4 and Menthol).

Downside: - Sealed pods need replacing not just the coil. Can't prime coils so need to let sit for 20mins to soak up juice.

I'm Not affiliated with any store or reviewer sites.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I got a couple of Caliburns, I posted about it on here a few weeks back but this place is dead so nobody noticed :D

I paid a bit less for mine, got the first from Cigabuy for €17 with 2 pods, and got a 4 pack of pods along side, think they were about a tenner. This was in a flash sale. Got a second one for my partner from the same place, was a bit pricier at €23 and took a bit longer to arrive but still cheaper than buying over here.

Great device, good flavour, pleasant vape, only thing I don't like is the battery life isn't that great. I use it mostly for out and about vaping where I want to be a bit stealthier, not blowing clouds. I have started to use it more at the PC too, and I can charge it here whenever, good thing is it charges in no time. But if I was only using pods I would want 2-3 of them for a full day out. I got about an hour from it the day I was testing battery life, if I was chaining it I'd get a lot less so you definitely would want a back up if you were out for a while

On the coils, a couple I used only lasted a week, but I think it was down to the juice I used in them. I had some Cosmic red shift from Darkstar, a berry menthol that I was too fond of in tanks - it works great in the pods but it kills them off quick, probably loaded with sweetener. The pod I have atm is on the go about 2 weeks and still good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭corkie

I'm mainly intend just using the Caliburn as a backup, device for while I'm out and about + driving. Or charging my main.

My main device a PockeX, which I use for variety of flavors.

Not intending to swap flavors on the caliburn. Just have 2 pods going with Nic Salt RY4 and Menthol.

I was tired of paying for MyBlu Pods, which can only be refilled at Max about 2 times. (plus possible leaking).
    But did get a free portable powerbank 1,200 mAh for registering on MyBlu site (no purchase required). Also have another similar for earbuds that can charge other devices.
    So I'm good for going out, without requiring a second caliburn.

Battery life, getting about 4 to 5 hours before seeing red warning.
    The caliburn with good vapor seems to eat the ejuice quickly, so you would possibly need at least 3 pods full, if your out for a long period. And don't want to bring bottles of ejuice on you.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

corkie wrote: »
    I'm mainly intend just using the Caliburn as a backup, device for while I'm out and about + driving. Or charging my main.

My main device a PockeX, which I use for variety of flavors.

Not intending to swap flavors on the caliburn. Just have 2 pods going with Nic Salt RY4 and Menthol.

I was tired of paying for MyBlu Pods, which can only be refilled at Max about 2 times. (plus possible leaking).
    But did get a free portable powerbank 1,200 mAh for registering on MyBlu site (no purchase required). Also have another similar for earbuds that can charge other devices.
    So I'm good for going out, without requiring a second caliburn.

Battery life, getting about 4 to 5 hours before seeing red warning.
    The caliburn with good vapor seems to eat the ejuice quickly, so you would possibly need at least 3 pods full, if your out for a long period. And don't want to bring bottles of ejuice on you.

I think I burn through my battery quicker because I have a habit of using both the fire button and auto draw - as I kind of semi-direct lung vape on it, if I want to MTL I feel the fire button gives a better hit, but probably takes more battery. I'd get a few hours if it was just the few pulls on it through a day

I'm sticking to the one juice for it too, well per pod. I made up some mint choc that works really well in there, and I bought a bottle of nic salt blueberry that works well, but it's sickly sweet - maybe I'll try another one, but I won't be paying €6 for a 10ml ever again! That was hard to swallow for someone who can DIY 100mm for less but I was caught short when out. I usually stick a bottle of juice in my bag when heading out

My 4-pack of Caliburn pods arrived today, just in time as the one I was using had lost flavour. I'll try to stick to one flavour per pod and see how they go. Got some Dinner Lady Lemon sherbet nic salts to try out, lovely stuff, still think the 20mg salts is a bit harsh for my liking but flavour is well good.

Ordered some more pods on the 27th, just to stock up while cheap!

It is been 3 weeks, since I got the device. First two pods still working fine.
    I like the fact the pods get more ejuice efficient with use.
    At the start they seemed to burn through juice quickly. Flavor maybe not as strong now.

Have used approx 3/4 10ml bottles of juice in each since getting them.

[Vaper Store] 4/8/12Pcs Original Uwell Caliburn Cartridge 2ml 1.4ohm
    ^^^ Approx €9.92 per pack + €0.49 Shipping - Discount ~~ 2 (8Pcs) @ €19.30

Even with not using the extra pack got with order, order on 27th and finally marked as processed today.
    Estimated delivery by 12-17th. But ordered well in advance in case of delays with anpost.

Alternative seller with free shipping but no discount.

[CMXTECH Store] 4PCS-12PCS Uwell Caliburn Pod Cartridge 2ML 1.4ohm

Similar price range, ordering 2 packs to avoid reaching VAT charges at customs.

Or amazon.de €23.18 | amazon.co.uk £21.96(/€24.25) for 2packs.

• Advertisement

[Vaper Store] 4/8/12Pcs Original Uwell Caliburn Cartridge 2ml 1.4ohm
    ^^^ Approx €9.92 per pack + €0.49 Shipping - Discount ~~ 2 (8Pcs) @ €19.30
    Ordered on 27th August and finally marked as processed today.
    Estimated delivery by 12-17th. But ordered well in advance in case of delays with anpost.

Above order arrived today. So well stocked up on pods now.
    Have eleven unopened. Should last me the year,
    hopefully the battery doesn't die or generate a fault in the meantime. Could always get a second device.

Wicked Vapes in Cork Now stock the 'Caliburn' + pods for it.

Also the new 'Smok RPM40'

Haven't a clue of the pricing, because not listed on website yet.
    Saw posts about them on facebook page.

## I'm not affiliated with any store or review site. ##

Wicked Vapes in Cork Now stock the 'Caliburn' + pods for it.

Also the new 'Smok RPM40'

Haven't a clue of the pricing, because not listed on website yet.
    Saw posts about them on facebook page.

## I'm not affiliated with any store or review site. ##

I just ordered a pack of 4 from Vapely, worked out at just shy of €17 inc postage, so not the cheapest - there was nothing else I wanted to order that would have made it a little better value [€5 flat postage fee] I wonder how much Wicked Vapes will do it for? looking at their site they seem a bit pricey

I wonder how much Wicked Vapes will do it for? looking at their site they seem a bit pricey

Was in Wilton today, they where sold out, but said €40 for the device.
    €5 for a single pod. So substantial seller markup + vat.

Forgot to ask about 'RPM40'.

That is pricey, I find same with most Irish vendors, the prices are ridiculous.

The Rpm40 looks more like a mod to me than a pod, the reason to use pods for me is the stealthiness. The likes of the Caliburn are perfect, when they get as big as the Smok one you may as well use a single batt box mod

• Advertisement

The Rpm40 looks more like a mod to me than a pod, the reason to use pods for me is the stealthiness.

What is the point of these mods that can do 40watts but then limit your use of it based on the coil used. No coils available yet that can handle it, and your blocked from over powering, so you don't burn out the coil. Gimmicky device.

As i said in the other thread, bit of a Gimmicky AI0 but as I could get one fairly cheaply, I ended up ordering the 'Voopoo Vinci'.

## I'm not affiliated with any store or review sites. ##

As i said in the other thread, bit of a Gimmicky AI0 but as I could get one fairly cheaply, I ended up ordering the 'Voopoo Vinci'.

## I'm not affiliated with any store or review sites. ##

I'm sure they work great, just wouldn't suit me for what I need in a pod. Like I say, stealth, something I can slip in a jeans pocket after 5 clicks and just not think about, good for sneaky hits out back or between locations on the go without drawing any attention ;) Something like this Smok device I'd see more for home use only, and then my normal mods are not much different. But I can see them suiting some people

I can at least recommend Vapely for their speedy delivery service. It's €5 flat fee, so if there was a few bits on there you wanted it'll be worth it. My pods were here the morning after. They don't have a whole lot on there but if I'd looked a bit more I should have added some cotton and some Cleito coils as I still have 2 x original Cleito and the 120 - and postage would have been the same

Caliburn rebuild kit

www(.)coil-master(.)net/product/coil-master-rebuild-kit-caliburn

Source

Wicked Vapes (in Cork) said that they hope to have 'Caliburn KoKo' in stock this week.

Or Mike Vapes review: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNkcLGwhRW8

Edit: - Pods are interchangeable between devices.

## I'm not affiliated with any store or review site! ##

WARNING! ~~~ To anyone about to order above kit! ~~ Do a test first!

My parcel has arrived in the country, expecting delivery hopefully next week.

I tried to dismantle the pod.

Breaking the seals is the easy part.

Splitting the two parts of the coil (inner core from outer), is the hard part.

Tip: - Put the connectors back in the base, until your ready to reassemble, so you don't lose them. Thought I lost one, but it showed up eventually.

Hopefully, you have a collection of used up pods, have a feeling it will take more than one pod to successfully rebuild one.

Caliburn rebuild kit! ~~~~ Nearly impossible to successfully rebuild!

Kit arrived this morning.

With rod provided, separating the two parts of the coil is easy.

But many things can go wrong when rebuilding. i.e.

Getting the two coil parts back together.
    Threading the 2 wires through two holes in base (without not pushing the seals on contacts out).
    Possibility of leaking pod, after breaking seals (didn't get to test that).

Might attempt it again in a few weeks, when I have another well spent pod.

Advertisement