Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project REsistance (new resident evil game)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,193 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If it's anything remotely comparable to the RE2 remake, I'm all in. Game of the Year for me so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Yeah I'm the same. Feels like there should be at least two more games with that engine/style before they go changing things.

Some saying it may be a outbreak style game though. Which would be grand, that game was ahead of it's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Would like a RE3 remake myself

• Registered Users Posts: 29,460 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hoping it's RE 8 but would also be beaming for a REmake 3. RE 2 was so ****ing good but I also enjoyed the new first person camera in RE 7, just the game itself wasn't up to par but still miles better than 6 and 5. Will be very interesting to see which direction they go.

Someone took the livestream url and put it into a youtube thumbnail grabber site and out came this. It looks like maybe a new Outbreak game which I didn't even know I wanted until now!

s9t0yy38fdj31.png

• Advertisement

Whoa. That's ingenious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Someone took the livestream url and put it into a youtube thumbnail grabber site and out came this. It looks like maybe a new Outbreak game which I didn't even know I wanted until now!

s9t0yy38fdj31.png

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 33,193 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd be less interested in that but given the success of RE2, I've no doubt either an RE3 or RE8 are in development in the same vein as that, so this could be a good in-between game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

It still baffles me that we got almost all the RE games ported to current consoles but the Outbreak games were left to rot, just when we have a good online infrastructure to run it on.
    And before someone mentions them, Dead Aim and Survivor were left to rot too because they were ****e!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Bigger versions of the pics at Gematsu.

• Advertisement

Bigger versions of the pics at Gematsu.

Stick and baseball bat, nice!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,766 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    And before someone mentions them, Dead Aim and Survivor were left to rot too because they were ****e!

I'd play Dead aim before the first Outbreak which was arse. Dead aim isn't a bad game and it's canon as well.

The survivor games are arse though. Not played Outbreak 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Great to see Outbreak love in here. One of the earliest games I played online and is still the best online Biohazard game imo. The loading screens where are huge technical flaw though. I would love a HD of them on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Penn wrote: »
    If it's anything remotely comparable to the RE2 remake, I'm all in. Game of the Year for me so far.

Cant argue with that comment. RE2 was absolutely fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

Heres hoping for more Umbrella Corps!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Homelander

Heres hoping for more Umbrella Corps!

That was so bad I'm shocked they allowed it be associated with Resident Evil. Raccoon City was a bad RE game but actually pretty good in its own right (well in multiplayer anyway), Umbrella Corps was just a total piece of garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Could see this being either a Left 4 Dead style co-op shooter or a Until Dawn esque story driven game. I think with those Resident Evil animated movies they want to do one of those narrative driven style of games that I imagine you could get out quicker than a game built in the new RE engine.
    As much as Capcom love a remake I doubt it's a remake or reimagining as they'd just use those titles names if they had any name value.

Im fairly certain capcom are working on both remake 3 and 8 so if this is something different, we could even be getting it soon (please don't let it be another Q2 2020 game). RE is one of my favourite franchises but lost a lot of interest with 5 and 6 and never played revelations. 7 for my spark back and 2 was just amazing (2nd favourite game this year). Well and truly back on the RE hype train.

Im fairly certain capcom are working on both remake 3 and 8 so if this is something different, we could even be getting it soon (please don't let it be another Q2 2020 game). RE is one of my favourite franchises but lost a lot of interest with 5 and 6 and never played revelations. 7 for my spark back and 2 was just amazing (2nd favourite game this year). Well and truly back on the RE hype train.

Revelations is worth a play through. Closest to the older style resident evils

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I really enjoyed Outbreak back in the day. Never got to play it online though. Apparently there are fan servers for it nowadays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Hope its a RE3 remake but would take RE8. Just hope its not a spinoff as it would feel like spinoff number 43. RE2 remake is definitely my game of 2019.

I'm currently playing the first Revelations game myself on Xbox One. It's apart of the Xbox Game Pass. It's actually a pretty fun game. Has the combat of 4 too. Well worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,292 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

RE is one of my favourite franchises but lost a lot of interest with 5 and 6 and never played revelations.

I went back and played them in the last year and even though you can see their hand held background they are still great RE games, a good mix of the original games mixed with more modern controls and improvements

Awesome, Jill being my favourite RE character, yer recommendations and the fact it's currently on sale for 8 euro, I'm gonna have to take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Homelander

Had a love/hate relationship with Revelations 2, played co-op with a friend, one of us got the gun while the other gets a brick with no option to obtain any other weapons. Kinda all part of the craic and intensity of the experience but not as much fun playing brick-girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

s9t0yy38fdj31.png

Something like L4D ?

Honestly wouldn't mind something like that as a "filler" in the RE franchise.

https://youtu.be/jlx6zWE5kIA

Teaser trailer is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

So some form of co-op and asymmetrical-versus gameplay anyways.

I wonder did they hint that a person can control Mr. X just like Friday 13th where it's 1 v Group. Could be as the antagonist, you have a set number of zombies, lickers, etc to deploy and then you get to control Mr. X if the group defeats them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,228 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Looks like a L4D knock off to me.

Advertisement