Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ball joint dust covers

Options
  • 05-05-2015 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Any factors here doing replacement ball joint rubbers, I have tried all over Limerick this morning without success, The place that had them are out of them. Ebay is extortionate on P&P as usual and I could do with them yesterday!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

I bought a pair from Bulgaria recently, they arrived in 3 days,
    From this guy..
    http://stores.ebay.ie/desimir24?_trksid=p2047675.l2563.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭digger58

I was hoping some factors around the country had them, Those look OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭gn3dr

digger58 wrote: »
    Any factors here doing replacement ball joint rubbers, I have tried all over Limerick this morning without success, The place that had them are out of them. Ebay is extortionate on P&P as usual and I could do with them yesterday!

Get yourself a Parcel Motel account! Removes postage cost for a lot of UK items.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

gn3dr wrote: »
    Get yourself a Parcel Motel account! Removes postage cost for a lot of UK items.

Hell yes. Get a PM account now!

Thanks will look at that. A lot of sellers on ebay are really taking the piss on P&P. Annoying thing as well, go to ebay.ie for something and then you see "Doesn't post to Ireland" WTF is that about?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

In fairness to the sellers listing on Ebay.

a) Ebay want their slice of the cake.
    b) Royal Mail have been upping their piss taking of postal prices for years.

If a seller "doesn't ship to Ireland", drop them a polite message. A lot of them will if asked nicely, it's sometimes because listings are just done on a tick-box basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Another plus for Parcel Motel...use them regular, go for the ones with "free p+p"....but ALWAYS read the postal bit, some dont include the North ....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

I don't even look at ebay.ie anymore for anything car related, straight to UK site with parcel motel address as standard.
    I have never got anything good on ebay.ie except a PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

Anybody use the split type with glue so you don't have to unbolt?

Are you talking about CV joint boots?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

HTF did you find this 4yo thread....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

No not CV, ball joint dust covers, but they are split, so all you do is cut the old ones off, pack a bit of grease,place the split ones on glue the split and pull the clips over them. So it seems anyway, anybody do it??

Never came across a split ball joint cover. Why hot open the joint and put a new one on, easy enough, where have you seen them?

Advertisement