Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JYSK Waterford

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭dzilla

Decent shop

I wonder where would be big enough to accomodate them? The shop in Naas is very big. The only place I can think of is Ferrybank Sc. Are there much else empty units of that size around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

dzilla wrote: »
    I wonder where would be big enough to accomodate them? The shop in Naas is very big. The only place I can think of is Ferrybank Sc. Are there much else empty units of that size around?

Cash & Carry on Keanes road is the only place that comes to mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Nothing too exclusive about this - they want to open 40 outlets here! They seem to be the Iceland/Mr Price of home furnishing megastores

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭JohnC.

40 seems like quite a lot. Is there really that big a market here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

JohnC. wrote: »

Judging by how busy IKEA is everyday of the week id say so. I better not tell the missus it might be opening down this way. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snorlaxx

Cash & Carry on Keanes road is the only place that comes to mind

But is this place better as another shop or as a multi story car park to accommodate Walsh Park?

Hopefully we see a few more of these opening up , would love an IKEA down here in Cork as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Naas is quite a big store at 14,000sq ft portlaoise is about 10,000 Sq ft.

There would be numerous opportunities in most towns and cities for that size. Some may be already occupied by another store.

The former centra unit in railway Square is one. The store behind McDonald's is another. (is it still a charity shop?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I must admit I'd never heard of them until today and the (hopefully) Waterford store. I had a browse on their UK website and the prices seem reasonable, don't know about the quality. :)

• Advertisement

Definitely, huge market for people modernizing and doing up houses. People are opting to stay in their homes also and not trading up due to the inability to get the 20% deposit so people are investing more and more into their houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Darc19 wrote: »
    Naas is quite a big store at 14,000sq ft portlaoise is about 10,000 Sq ft.

There would be numerous opportunities in most towns and cities for that size. Some may be already occupied by another store.

The former centra unit in railway Square is one. The store behind McDonald's is another. (is it still a charity shop?)

Also, far end of the Bulterstown Retail Park next to Harvey Norman is empty, that is big enough surely.

Would like to see it go into Railway Square though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kamiooka

I've been to their Naas store twice,
    nothing really unique about it,
    more or less the same as the other homeware store out at the 6 cross roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

As previous poster said its not that they picked Waterford they are looking to open up all over Ireland.

Wont be a patch on IKEA, Theres units in Butlerstown retail park at the end.

Just looking at the catalogue, not a patch on IKEA indeed, just looks like another The Range, cheap cack

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

They already have a place picked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

As previous poster said its not that they picked Waterford they are looking to open up all over Ireland.

Wont be a patch on IKEA, Theres units in Butlerstown retail park at the end.

Just looking at the catalogue, not a patch on IKEA indeed, just looks like another The Range, cheap cack

So does IKEA

er1983 wrote: »
    They already have a place picked

I'll place a bet on the former pc world premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

I'll place a bet on the former pc world premises.

Supermacs seem to be taking the P there so maybe it is free again.

Max Powers wrote: »
    Supermacs seem to be taking the P there so maybe it is free again.

Are they not taking the planned drive thru behind the old pc world unit?
    I doubt supermacs need 22,000 Sq ft :)

Are they not taking the planned drive thru behind the old pc world unit?
    I doubt supermacs need 22,000 Sq ft :)

No, you are probably right Darc if both can be accommodated, its just they, supermacs, said they were going in there, then they said later in the year, its now pretty much later in the year and still no sign of anything.to be fair, what do I know, they could be starting tomorrow for all I know, just think they are dragging the behind out of it.

• Advertisement

Supermac's is definitely the old tile place (and only half of that), not PC World. You can see plans here

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dmchlad

Could it go where buylo is as Buylo is closing early in October

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

They are moving into buylo within next 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Supermac's is definitely the old tile place (and only half of that), not PC World. You can see plans here

Have Supermac’s pulled out of this, noticed the for sale signs back up, plus the barriers are removed from the entrance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Have Supermac’s pulled out of this, noticed the for sale signs back up, plus the barriers are removed from the entrance

According to this weeks news and star supermacs are waiting for the new tenant to go into pc world so they can start the building works together as it impacts both of them

According to this weeks news and star supermacs are waiting for the new tenant to go into pc world so they can start the building works together as it impacts both of them

Didnt know someone was going into pc world, I assumed super macs were going to knock it to enable their drive through

Max Powers wrote: »
    Didnt know someone was going into pc world, I assumed super macs were going to knock it to enable their drive through

They don't need to do that. There's even an existing road around the side for their drive through. The plans are here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

I see they've been advertising for staff recently, has anyone been interviewed yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I see they've been advertising for staff recently, has anyone been interviewed yet?

A friend of my daughters has been hired already, so she told me.

• Advertisement

Supposed to be opening on Thursday, 27th.

Advertisement