Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New sub-reddit for Electric Vehicle news in Ireland

Options
  • 28-08-2019 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I created a subreddit a while back to try and act as a central place to collect news related to EVs in Ireland and to raise awareness of EVs here to the reddit community.

It struck me today that I should probably share it here as it really doesn't "compete" with boards.ie; boards.ie is great for long on-going discussions but is not great for news as links quickly get buried in threads, whereas reddit is great for news but not ideal for longer chats as the threading tends to leave two people talking to each other and nobody else seeing it. The IEOVA Facebook group is also quite a busy community, and again I think isn't great for creating a news repository, but is better for quick discussions, so no competition there either.

Anyway, I've been posting all the interesting stories I come across related to EVs in Ireland to the sub for a few months now and hope some of you who are also redditors might appreciate it, and possibly contribute and share the sub further.

https://www.reddit.com/r/evs_ireland if you're interested and are a fellow redditor!

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Started following a week or so ago. Tis lovely to have the Irish EV related news articles in one place. The lack of discussion is a shame, but I guess it has to start somewhere.

Keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

It's been a while so I hope the mods don't mind me bumping this again, I don't think it competes with this forum, more of an additional communication channel particularly for the younger tech generations.

If anybody uses Reddit as well as boards.ie it would be great to have you over on the subreddit!

Advertisement