Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting article about attempts to combat anti-social behaviour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

not surprised its in place in Manchester. In the city centre the various bars have their own network and communicate between each other if anyone is booted out or otherwise causing problems. It might have been an inspiration for the airport scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Clever and important work. The notion of a cop sitting you down and quietly warning you is very good - I'd say that'd deter 80% of the problem drinking / continuation drinking in the airport.

Given that alcohol and cabin conditions tend to be a bad mix I don't know why people want to drink at all when they're off flying!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Some people who are a bit nervous about flying will want a drink or two beforehand - which is fine, if it's only a drink or two.

Plus they're on holiday and if they're with a bunch of twentysomethings, there'll be peer pressure to 'get the party started'

That said, I used to work with a woman who drank like a fish, once her and her buddy were both denied boarding on a transatlantic flight because of how wasted they got in the airport, they were both in their 40s... Expensive mistake!

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement