Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

resell/return tickets

Options
  • 28-08-2019 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

got tickets to a gig in the three arena ( little mix) turns out they dont want to go !
    so whats the best way to return/resell the tickets. i see ticketmaster have a resell option but does that feed the seatwave extortion or is it best to put them on donedeal ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Post them on toutless.com for face value payments
    Alternatively, post them on local Facebook pages to see if someone in your area is interested in purchasing (check with the group prior to posting, some groups do not permit ticket sales but might allow swap for something else type of adverts)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

The ticketmaster resale actually works quite well. You can only charge what you paid so the buyer pays, at most, the same as you plus another booking fee. The tickets are transferred to them so they don't have the risk of them being fake or multiple. You get the money transferred 10 days after the event.

I'm fully on board the "ticketmaster are scum" bandwagon but in this case I think it's a really good service

But I'll second toutless as well, great little website

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Toutless are great..ive also used ticketswap.ie a couple of times recently..brilliant for selling in demand e-tickets..you upload a pdf of your tickets to their site and when they sell they forward them to the buyer so no legwork for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

The ticketmaster resale actually works quite well. You can only charge what you paid so the buyer pays, at most, the same as you plus another booking fee. The tickets are transferred to them so they don't have the risk of them being fake or multiple. You get the money transferred 10 days after the event.

I'm fully on board the "ticketmaster are scum" bandwagon but in this case I think it's a really good service

But I'll second toutless as well, great little website
    Seller pays a fee to TM too, as well as the buyer. So add those two to the initial booking fee and they are triple dipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Seller pays a fee to TM too, as well as the buyer. So add those two to the initial booking fee and they are triple dipping.

No, there's no selling fee now. I sold some Eagles tickets recently and got every cent back (ticket face value plus booking fee I'd paid)

Buyer had to pay an additional fee

You might need to sell for less of course, depends on demand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Some lad was trying to sell tickets on toutless he had bought for EP from the Ticketmaster resale system. He said there was a 15% markup on the face value (which for EP is over 30 euro). Not sure what world we're in where a 15% markup isn't considered touting but it certainly matches my definition of touting. We've added some rules to say we won't be allowing this sort of passing on of these fees. Also stopping people listing Platinum tickets (specifically where there's no difference to real tickets).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Stevie Wonder resales had about 45 euro in fees. I can see a post saying it was 42.50 but those might have been cheaper ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Put them on adverts.ie

Face value only. Touts are removed quickly

Advertisement